Daily Check In May 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 26, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

elsi wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:14 pm Being an introvert myself, I can identify. Many of the people who know me will say "but you're not shy, why do you say you're an introvert?" Being an introvert doesn't mean you're shy. It means that interacting with people is mostly very tiring. An extrovert is energized with interactions, an introvert feels drained. Once I understood that, it explained why I was fine with giving a presentation in front of an audience, but was quickly looking for the exit at the cocktail party in the evening!

It's really impressing that your son is being recognized as an expert. In addition to interviews, he can leverage this expertise in situations which don't require a lot of personal interaction. Has he thought of writing a book? Or a column for a newspaper/magazine?
I think he inherited his introvert gene from me. Many is the time I purposely leave a family gathering to be alone and recharge.

Perhaps some day he might write a book, but probably not until he retires from teaching.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/