Daily Check in May 27, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in May 27, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I slept in - it was after 8 when I got up. But I did end up taking some baby Benadryl so I could get some un-interrupted sleep. The bags under my eyes look terrible!!!

I'm still reading and reading about what went on in Uvalde. More details emerging. Why was that back door not locked. Then I read that the school policy was that classroom doors should be closed and locked while kids are in there. They would do that at our elementary here - not sure if they still do.

And then I got into a little tiff with my ill sibling. Well I was mad but she probably didn't know. I guess i would never be a good caretaker - lol.

Already have plans for lunch! Have a peaceful day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I called the company with Lowe’s protection plan. I heard her ask if I had gotten the check. I have no idea what check.

Now they are telling me my service contract has expired. I know that, but it had not expired when I made the first call.

I called the company that came out to look at it, all they can say is that the part has been ordered.

I feel as if I am stuck between the 2 companies.

My groceries have been delivered, I have put away the perishable ones, I still need to put the pantry ones away. I did order 2 large tubs of oats.

Prices has really gone up. The food stamps are helping at least.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m home from the ophthalmologist. It is always nerve wracking for me but my eyes are stable. Ray Liotta (my age) dying puts my eye problems in perspective. I don’t like driving with my eyes dilated but I made it. Saw a peacock crossing the street. I did not sleep well at all last night.
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good morning,

The alarm dog got me up at 5:30 wanting to go out. Fortunately he did not bark or stay out long so we were able to go back to bed. i think off and on during the night Colton, one of the cats, was prowling around meowing. I think he got bored because there was nothing around for him to get in to.

Even though the traditional school year is winding down to a close I am still gettig phone calls about work. The first one was at 5:30 thi morning right after I let Buddy out! When I checked the job listing there were not many jobs listed so I don't know why there were so many calls.

Last night DS told me he was running a temperture between 101 and 103. He did the home testing for covid and it was negative. He probably got the cold I had but I never ran a fever with mine. Yesterday and today are his days off from work so hopefully he recovers soon. He told me he plans to spend the day in bed with his gaming remote.

Yesterday was my hnd and foot game at my friends house. That is always fun but I was tired when I came home and went to bed super early. Probably to catch up on sleep I missed the night before.

I am starting to notice the inflation creep. It sure ate into the colas quickly. All DS and I can do now is to try to eat less to even out the playing field. Something we should be doing anyway. I am trying to get more surveys in. My favorite sites have kept me busy. And I will work the entire month of June which will help in paying off the A?C. Thankfully the weather has cooled down to a more acceptable level. We don't need hot August nights in May.

Take care everyone!

Bev
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:22 am Good morning, frugal ones. I have today off. Woke up a little after 6 but went back to sleep until the trash truck came through at 9 a.m. I've had coffee and peanut butter toast, and the younger dogs are both napping next to me. Goldie Dog is sound asleep with the tip of her tongue sticking out, which is outrageously cute.

We are doing our grocery shopping today, as we are picking up Adopted Kitty tomorrow and need the cat food and litter she is accustomed to. Also have to buy a new litter pan for her. We used to have a spare one, but it seems to be gone from the garage.

Off to finish my grocery list. Hope you all have a good day.
I'm so excited ot hear about how Ollie and his new friend make out!! I think it is great you are getting the litter she is used to. Kitties can be very particular to how it feels on their paws and will reject a litter box with litter that doesn't "feel" right.

Have you decided on a name or are you waiting until she "tells" you who she is?

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:16 am I’m home from the ophthalmologist. It is always nerve wracking for me but my eyes are stable. Ray Liotta (my age) dying puts my eye problems in perspective. I don’t like driving with my eyes dilated but I made it. Saw a peacock crossing the street. I did not sleep well at all last night.
I was SO surprised when I hear on CBC radio that Ray Liotta died. He was such a good actor. He had the most beautiful blue eyes too. I love the movie Goodfellas and he MADE the whole movie work. He didn't get enough accolades for his work. It was very sad that he went in the middle of making a film. I bet he was enjoying life and then? Just slipped away. He was much too young to go that way though. I wonder what they will find took him.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.