Daily Check In May 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In May 28, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Getting my second cup of coffee, back in a minute or three.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 28, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Cloudy this morning, and it is supposed to perhaps clear a bit with more cloud moving in during the evening and rain starting. So glad that I got the garden pots and baskets finished yesterday.

Since it is Saturday, I do not plan on doing much in the way of household tasks. Probably just take out the trash, and do a bit of a tidy in the spare bedroom. Just two things I really always do on a Saturday, send in my scan report, and call my youngest brother.

I am invited to a birthday party for my friend, but I just do not want to go really. It is outside, down country roads, and seems to be more a family thing as I and one other friend (if they come) would be the only non family members there. I just might give it a miss.

Frugally no money will be spent and the usual frugal past times will be occurring. I fear my life is rather boring here on the old homestead. We need to take a trip or do something interesting.

Supper tonight is going to be some leftover stew. Either I will serve it on slices of bread, or perhaps I can make some biscuits to go along with.

Today I am grateful that I can still go for my early morning walk and get those steps in.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Hi Jackie

can you remove my post.

I didn't see one posted already - but I noticed you have this as 27 May when it is the 28th -so probably why I started one.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 27, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Sure I will merge the posts and change the date. I thought I hit the 28th really needed that second cup of coffee I guess.
Jackie
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In May 27, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, everyone. It's a beautiful day here. The mourning doves are calling in the yard. I love that sweet little sound.

The robovac is making its rounds and all the dogs are napping around me. They have the ground rules of a leisurely life nailed down. :-D

This morning I have some Saturday chores to do, then we collect the new cat at noon. I doubt we'll get a lot done after that. I must bake a little cake or cupcakes today for DS's birthday tomorrow. He has been working on losing weight, so no big sweets.

Also still have two small sewing projects to finish this weekend. I keep putting them off, but want to clear the project pile.

Hope you all have a good day.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I got up, showered and ran to Walmart first thing and got TP and Deodorant. Then back here to wait for the cable repair guy. I was only getting in a few stations. Of course right before he arrived, I turned my box on again and everything was fine. Well, he said some of my cabled were loose and I had a splitter form my modem. So he activated the cable drop near my TV, and put my modem and cable box on different outlets. I am happy about that as it eliminates a cable snaking through my doorway to the bedroom.

Last night I got a text from Mom, DS1& Family will be at their house tomorrow and Mom will do a cookout. And I am invited. DS wants to see if there is anything around the house that needs to be done. Maybe he will cut the grass for Dad. The DB2 invited me over for a cookout on Monday afternoon. Cool.

Now, what to do today. Odd cleaning jobs? Sewing? I did go through my junk mail and shredded stuff with my name and and trashed the rest.

Have a great day,
Maggie