Daily Check In May 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In May 28, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Well, it's going to be another on and off rainy day with a possibility of some hail as well today, but tomorrow will be bright and sunny. While no rain is forecast for Monday, it will be a partly cloudy day so the weekend is still salvageable for many.

Got up late this morning as I had a difficult night with waking up around 1:00A and not being able to get back to sleep until after 3:00. But I did get enough so that I feel fairly rested.

My Zoom chat friend called me the other day to say she got through her bout with COVID ok and that we can have our chat today so I'm looking forward to that. I've wondered about the possibility of a Zoom chat for some of us but not sure if anyone would be interested and then not know if a Zoom chat link here would be allowed even if we could set one up.

I finished my kindle book yesterday so although the first full week of June hasn't officially started I plan on starting one of the paperback books today.

I have no special plans for the weekend, and in fact probably live the most boring life of all of you LOL. I am going to celebrate Memorial Day with a "picnic-type" supper of a hot dog, pork-n-beans and potato salad. Other than that it will be my usual activities.

Dinner tonight is steak.

Well, guess I'll be going for now. Have a wonderful day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I was up by 7! Still trying to get my day started early.

I'm even having 2 cups of coffee today.

I slept well and probably helped by taking some baby Benadryl. That helped me sleep but it did not help me with getting over the baby gate last night

I took another tumble. This one wasn't as bad - landed on my right side and that is a little sore - only barely bumped my head.

The COD said he was going to put a grab bar by there so it won't happen again. I also need to take my time when I go over the gate. My trailing leg always gets caught on it - don't lift it high enough.

So will just relax today. But I do have to go get milk - someone seems to be going through it quickly.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Lots to do today. We are having that BBQ on Monday..but going to a birthday party tomorrow..so need to get stuff done today. The birthday party is outdoors so I feel it will be safe.
Also..the usual..cleaning bathrooms..scrubbing down the kitchen..etc.
Off to get started.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy this morning. I placed a Walmart order this morning. I needed a few things for Froggy’s eyes.

I added enough to get free shipping. I am replacing all my red dish towels with white ones. This way I can wash all the towels together. I hope that order comes in time to go out with my laundry on tuesday. But if not there is always next time.

I still don’t know when the part will come in or if it will. The repair company said up to a month.

Penny
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

I must say that the past few days have been very eventful with all my walking clubs, a visit to a horse farm and catching up with former teaching friends, warm weather and enjoying our yard/garden finally, and the arrival of an ocean cruise ship to our port. In a way, I feel that I have been released from home arrest. My oncologist has given me the green light to do any activities I did formally including international travel. I have received my second booster and am as protected as I can be. He did recommend masking with a KN95 mask for all indoor spaces, except when actively eating or drinking.

Well my hubby and I did something last night we never have done. We invited two young Ukrainian crew members to our house to enjoy some coffee and cake. Also drove them to a few tourist attractions nearby. They are finished with their work commitment and flew out at 5:00 am this morning. They were supposed to return to the Ukraine but instead both chose to fly to Poland to connect with family members there. One was a young woman named Valeria who was a housekeeper and the young man was Darius, an engineer who worked below deck. We talked in length about the terrible situation in Ukraine 🇺🇦. Both spoke English incredibly well. They were also blown away by the warm reception from our locals gathering at the pier, just curious about the ship. This partIcular one had just finished touring Antarctica. We also chatted with an elderly but very feisty couple from Australia who were inquiring about which day excursions we would recommend. Unfortunately it’s rainy today and will continue to have light rain all day. With Viking though the excursions are included as part of the cruise fee so a lot of the local recreational providers had already been paid in advance. After everything being shut down, it was nice to see our Waterfront busy again.

Today I have lots to catch up on inside after a lot of days of play. Laundry is going, groceries were picked up and put away and I plan to do some vacuuming and bathrooms. All meals will be from home.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
I have been up and busy, getting everything done before starting floors. I will do them after my check in.
It is a bright and beautiful weather day. have laundry on the lines and kitchen is spotless and counters bleached.
I do need to plant my free roses but they are fine for now in the large containers they came in. I am carefully watching the sun path so I will get them in an optimum area.
After floors I will wash my hair and put on my face.
The 7 yr old grand made me a list of thing's she thinks I should do , the little stinker wrote down "wash windows!" She is not wrong they do need done but being listed by a 7 yr old just cracks me up.
I have taken my allergy meds but have a slight sinus headache....pollen count must be high. I do know I cleaned a bushel of tree stuff out of the gutters on the knee walls of my house. All that wind I am sure.
The fiance said last night that he has cut 2 trees off of peoples houses for an insurance company since the high winds went thru. They had to use a crane to get to them...awful.
Well I am off to get started again or I won't get it done.
JCKitty