Daily Check-in June 17, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in June 17, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Was up around 4:30 this morning but seem to have gotten OK sleep despite it being broken up a number of times.

We're going to have a typical summer day today with temp in the mid-80s, but it will drop to a mid-60s high on Saturday. It appears that our transition to the 80 degree temps will start somewhere around June 23rd as the long-term forecast starts it's run in that range.

I've already gone through two newspapers and will begin my exercising shortly. Today's plans include a trip to the supermarket for a few items to get through the weekend and quite possibly through Tuesday. Despite what I will be picking up today, my grocery budget is still on target for similar spending prior to the last 2 months where it reached my max budget which I had set 8 or more years ago.

Today I also want to work on a puzzle book or two as well as work on the Easter coloring page I started using a You Tube tutorial.

Dinner tonight it my every other spaghetti Friday/leftover Sunday meal.

Well going to go for now.

Have a great day.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in June 17, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Logics. Good morning, everyone.

I was up most of the night, sick. i seem to be getting over it but I don't think I will be up to doing much today. Had I not already had the day off, I would be calling off - and I never call off.

Dogs have been out and are having a snooze. I'm having a big glass of Gatorade with a lot of ice. This is my first time trying the glacier cherry flavor - it's pretty good. I got the powdered kind from Amazon. Maybe coffee later.

I wanted to make a trip to Walmart today - it's about 30 miles - but that will likely have to wait until tomorrow, we'll see.

I hope you all find joy in your day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I slept ok last night. I did take a mile and a half walk in the evening.

I have trash out, laundry going. Yesterday I picked up some plastic containers for the soup I want to make for Dad. i will have to get that started. Otherwise, not sure what the day will hold. I have the art museum on my to do list, but the standing, looking at exhibits seems to bother my foot/ankle more than walking. It is supposed to be a bit cooler today, only 86 F and mostly sunny. there is a local outdoor history park on my to do list. I will look that up. Tonight is another outdoor concert.

Have a great day,
Maggie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. Happy Daze, I hope you feel much better today.

My tummy is also feeling rather tender. I had acid indigestion for the first time in ages last night after a very stressful end to my workday. The story is too long to relate, but I had pull the panic alarm to summon the police due to an unauthorized person in the building, and then stay late to write an incident report.

Thank goodness I get to leave at 2 p.m. today. I look forward to that every week like it's dessert. :-D

I brought lunch today: leftovers from last night, a homemade muffin, apple and boiled egg, but may not want it. If so, that's supper sorted out. The beauty of meal planning is that you can always move something to another square in the plan.

Dora Kitty was so cute last night. She love to chase my feet under the covers when I get into bed to read and to play-fight with our hands. She doesn't hurt us and is clearly having a grand time. She stops when I turn the light out, flops down and goes to sleep. We joke that she's getting to have the rest of her kittenhood now, as she was only half-grown when she had her babies. I have started to think that she belonged to a man in the homeless camp -- a fair guess since most homeless are men -- because she much prefers for DH and DS to pick her up and carry her around. She'll let me hold her, but does not like for me to carry her.

My tea cup is mostly empty, so it's back to work. I hope you all have a safe and peaceful day.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:53 am I brought lunch today: leftovers from last night, a homemade muffin, apple and boiled egg, but may not want it. If so, that's supper sorted out. The beauty of meal planning is that you can always move something to another square in the plan.
Now that is what I love about meal planning, and why I have done so for a very long time.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is shining today, and while it is breezy the temperature seems to be rising nicely. I will definitely be heading out for a walk today.

Yesterday we got notification of our property taxes... It has dropped once again. Not as low as last year, but by $13.00. Not going to complain as any drop is a good one. Our phone, internet, and fiber TV dropped as well by almost $61.00. That was mainly because we went to a lower tier on the internet for the next little while to see how that works.

Hubby was busy packing items to take to youngest DS's when we leave last night. Tonight we will add the fans, and the bricks, then all we have left is our own personal belongings. So looking forward to this visit and seeing his yard out from under the snow. There were still piles around the last time we were there.

I have a short list of tasks today, tidy living room, vacuum, dust, water the plants under the eaves (will give all plants some water before we leave on Saturday as it is going to be very warm that day and the next).

As far as projects I will continue to make labels with the Cricut in the sewing/craft room. Today will be the fabric bins, and the four small drawers on the top of some yarn drawers. Perhaps now that I have wrestled with the upgraded design studio I can get the pattern drawers labeled as well. That would leave me only a few items that could use that little bit of organizational touchup. I am also decluttering as I am doing this.

Supper tonight is going to be a tuna pasta salad. I really am going to try and make a smaller one that has no leftovers.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine and that it is getting closer to the time we are going to be on our way.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/