Daily Check-in June 17, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in June 17, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:12 am DH and I are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary today!!! We look at each other and say....HOLY COW!!!...LOL!
Congratulations - that is a milestone!!!
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Trees, congratulations on your anniversary.

I tried to start my day earlier today and so was heded out to my errands sometime around nine thirty. Picked up the new Nora Roberts at the library, went to the senior center and got the activity calendar and broke down and got a new purse (desperately, desperately needed a bit purse) at kohls for forty percent off.

Once I got home I realized I had five bucks in Kohls cash and fifteen percent coupon, but I hate the idea of returning and rebuying and I'm not sure that they allow coupons or cash after the fact. I was not on my toes this morning, let's say. By then it was so hot that I didn't even stop for sunscreen which I desperately need.

Starting on Tuesday (it's closed on Monday) I will be going to the pool from nine to ten or so. Sometimes I like to go in the afternnons even in the heat and there is another group of gals then. I was waiting for my new towel nd to get sunscreen.

Its already twelve thirty and my goals for the day are to work online for two hours, do a seated half hour aerobic thing, get the sewing room organized at lest enough for the next proejct, read and perhaps or weave. The book may divert me and I admit it. I am going to try to do the leftover thing and not have to cook, even if it means eating hot dogs.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:12 am DH and I are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary today!!! We look at each other and say....HOLY COW!!!...LOL!
Happy Anniversary to you and your DH - CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I have slept most of the day and am feeling better. DD and I have postponed our Walmart trip until tomorrow morning. I have quite a list made - we'll see how that works out.

In addition to a lot of grocery items, I'm looking for a toaster and electric griddle and want to see what they have for summer tops I can wear to work. i have not had good luck finding clothes at our local thrift store.

I made some leftover mashed potatoes for my very late lunch, following my very late breakfast of hot cereal. I'm looking forward to the rest of the weekend - I have Monday off too for Juneteenth.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

WOW !!!!! :D :D :D

many more happy years to you.

IC
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Happy Golden Anniversary!