Daily Check-in June 17, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal2

Re: Daily Check-in June 17, 2022

Post by icfrugal2 »

Good afternoon,

our routine is changing a bit.

SO, DH is hoping to be part of a medical study.

Short story, he has ulcers on his leg and foot that aren't healing, the study will (maybe, id he isn't in the control group) try to heal the ulcers.

they are having a car pick us up and take us to the hospital, and back, l where the testing is being done. we went for the first time this week.

I LOVE not having to drive !!!

They will be running tests on DH for the first month and if he is accepted into the program for several months.

It will keep us busy even though it's just one day a week, but still tiring.

DH is thrilled, hoping for the best.

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

ICFrugal, that is great news! I really hope they find an effective treatment for him.

I came home to find our old cat badly limping one of his back legs and he gave me a warning nip when I picked him up, so we rushed him off to the vet. Because of his age, the vet does not want to sedate him for an X-ray unless necessary, but suspects he fell and either sprained some toes or broke one. So he is on bed rest and has medication.

Never a dull moment around here.
Mackie
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:17 pm ICFrugal, that is great news! I really hope they find an effective treatment for him.

I came home to find our old cat badly limping one of his back legs and he gave me a warning nip when I picked him up, so we rushed him off to the vet. Because of his age, the vet does not want to sedate him for an X-ray unless necessary, but suspects he fell and either sprained some toes or broke one. So he is on bed rest and has medication.

Never a dull moment around here.
Poor kitty, poor mommy.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:12 am DH and I are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary today!!! We look at each other and say....HOLY COW!!!...LOL!
Congratulations, Fifty years is certainly something to celebrate and I wish you both many more years of happiness !!

Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening beautiful people,

I had a most perfect day starting with beautiful sunshine and high temperature in mid 70’s. I just got three main things accomplished and then played for the rest of the day.
1. Watered and fertilized potted plants.
2. Vacuumed two storeys of the house.
3. Did one load of laundry, folded and put away.
This is in addition to my dailies - making bed, meal prep and clean up, checking entrances for visible dirt, collecting mail, clutter control, wipe counters

In the afternoon I went to a Senior’s outdoor picnic and it was so wonderful to reconnect with old friends after two and a half years! When I returned home, I collected the mail and received the most wonderful Happy Mail! A lovely letter from a penpal and an even more beautiful embroidered doily! We had ding cuisine ( just had to be heated up) for dinner! Healthy leftovers and some not so healthy pineapple cake with cream cheese icing for dessert, yum! Yum! Now Dh wants to take me to the Waterfront for a walk as it’s such a lovely evening.

Have a wonderful night and peaceful sleep!
Creative
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:27 pm I have slept most of the day and am feeling better. DD and I have postponed our Walmart trip until tomorrow morning. I have quite a list made - we'll see how that works out.

In addition to a lot of grocery items, I'm looking for a toaster and electric griddle and want to see what they have for summer tops I can wear to work. i have not had good luck finding clothes at our local thrift store.

I made some leftover mashed potatoes for my very late lunch, following my very late breakfast of hot cereal. I'm looking forward to the rest of the weekend - I have Monday off too for Juneteenth.
I am so glad you are feeling better.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/