Daily Check In June 18, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In June 18, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:40 pm Had a little rest this afternoon - it was a nice day shopping, but exhausting. Then tidied up the kitchen and DD and I took all 3 dogs on an extra long walk, taking advantage of today's cooler temperatures.

I put new batteries in all my twinkle lights around the house - they look so pretty at night. They are set to turn off automatically after 6 hours but I like to go to sleep with them on.

I'm suddenly quite hungry so thinking a bedtime snack is in order. I have been craving cinnamon toast (thus the new toaster) so may have that.
Cinnamon toast!!!!!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:36 pm A pool party sounds like such fun for your DGD and her friends! So glad she had a great day!
A pool is so tempting. We visited my older brother last night and part of the visit we sat around his pool. So nice out there even with these high temps. Very nice deck and comfy chairs.

I told the COD we needed one - lol.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:33 pm Maggie, I so wish we had a Walmart here - it would be so good for this impoverished town! They tried about 15 years ago and a group of "community minded citizens" managed to stop them, saying it would be bad for the town and the small businesses. What rubbish and nonsense! Most of those small businesses are now defunct, there are no jobs here, no decent place to shop.

Oh, well, we're going to try to go every 3 months or so and can go about 30 miles in either direction to a Walmart and Aldi.

What struck me today about Walmart was the incredible variety and selection - it was amazing! Granted, nobody needs that many options but honestly, it was nice to see some different products and items and brands. We just don't have that here, even at our "big fancy grocery store."
30 miles is not too far - the people in my small town think nothing of driving down the hiway to the big city for ice cream - San Antonio Texas.

But yes, we have a wal-mart ten miles away. Did you know you can order things from there online and if you spend 49 dollars - shipping is free.

I am more against the shopping as entertainment - not because it is wal-mart. Does that make sense.

My sibling asked if we wanted to spend a couple of night in a popular Hill Country town and go "shopping". I said not me. The town that sells "antiques" while they are opening boxes of products to sell that were made in China? No thanks. LOL.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I also.was going to suggest that Walmart ships practically every non perishable food item it carries.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Forgot to mention, we saw the cutest little emotional support dog in Walmart - and the lady he was with let us pet him - some kind of fluffy little thing, not sure what breed - but just precious.
Last edited by HappyDaze on Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Quilter51 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:11 am I also.was going to suggest that Walmart ships practically every non perishable food item it carries.
Friends, I know that Walmart ships and have ordered that way a few times - but it doesn't replace the experience and practicality of going to the store and picking out the items I need and want to stock up on, including many perishable items.

Plus I like seeing everything they have available - we have nowhere near that kind of variety and selection where we live.

I am fine with doing that every 3 months or so and actually had a very enjoyable time doing it yesterday.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz