Daily Check In June 18, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In June 18, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Just to get us started. Getting coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In June 18, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slept badly last night, tossed and turned. My mind just would not shut off as to what we still needed to get done before leaving today. I finished off my packing this morning, well all except my electronics. I plan on bringing the laptop with me this time around as we are staying two nights. I am hopeful of being able to sit on his covered deck out back having coffee and typing away. We shall see.

Left to do this morning is get Hubby packed, get the rest of the items we are decluttering and giving to DS into the vehicle as well.

I will be giving my plants a good soaking this morning, and hopefully they will be able to survive the heat until we get home on Monday sometime (probably around noon). Also I need to send in my shopping habit to HomeScan so I get the points.

That is pretty much the business around here in getting ready to go. I would like to leave around 10 (Hubby usually gets up at around 8 so I will be waking him up if he isn't).

Off to get this day underway.

Talk to you all later after arriving, unpacking and doing the necessary shopping.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up too early again this morning. I again tried to go back to sleep but I just couldn’t get comfortable.

I have been doing sorting, shredding and pitching, last night and again this morning. My bag was already close to half full so I put all none food trash into a different bag. I bag the food related trash in supermarket bags that have no holes. So this is easy to do.

This morning I am mixing the sorting and pitching with cleaning. It is slow going. But I will get there.

I got a text that H-E-B was out of my chocolate covered almonds. I will put it on my next list. My order is supposed to be here between 9 and 10.

My grandson is planning on coming over today.

Penny
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:36 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slept badly last night, tossed and turned. My mind just would not shut off as to what we still needed to get done before leaving today. I finished off my packing this morning, well all except my electronics. I plan on bringing the laptop with me this time around as we are staying two nights. I am hopeful of being able to sit on his covered deck out back having coffee and typing away. We shall see.

Left to do this morning is get Hubby packed, get the rest of the items we are decluttering and giving to DS into the vehicle as well.

I will be giving my plants a good soaking this morning, and hopefully they will be able to survive the heat until we get home on Monday sometime (probably around noon). Also I need to send in my shopping habit to HomeScan so I get the points.

That is pretty much the business around here in getting ready to go. I would like to leave around 10 (Hubby usually gets up at around 8 so I will be waking him up if he isn't).

Off to get this day underway.

Talk to you all later after arriving, unpacking and doing the necessary shopping.
Safe Travels!
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Had a good time at the concert last night. Did not get to bed until a little after mid0night, so it was after 8 before I got up. I am currently watching my Saturday cooking shows. I still need to make up the black bean soup a Dad's Father's day gift.

My social group is going to see Top Gun this afternoon and then eat after. Movie is at 4:10, is a little more than 2 hours and then dinner. I do not do well eating that late.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

A super comfortable, breezy cool day in the 60s, almost too cool compared to yesterday. It will be typically spring temperature like weather in the 70s until the end of the week when it moves into the 80s summer weather.

Today will be completely spontaneous for me with the exception of my video chat with my friend shortly. I've already played a few computer games, read the newspaper, and did some color blending for a future coloring page. I will probably do some reading later as well.

Dinner tonight will be stewed chicken. I'll start it right after lunch so that all I'll have to do is warm it up later. I haven't made stewed chicken in some time. I'm also planning on making stewed tomatoes and peppers on the 4th of July, another item I don't make very often.

Well, I'm off. Have a wonderful day all.