Daily Check in June 19, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in June 19, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Mornings and Happy Father's Day to all of our Dad's out there.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check in June 19, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Maggie and everyone. OH SNAP, Maggie, thank you for reminding me that it's Father's Day - I will put some scratch off tickets in a card and take it to my dad later. Personally I dislike mothers day and fathers day so much, both as a daughter and as a parent.

Okay, got that out of my system. It's a beautiful day, cool, sunny and breezy. Was up before 5 and took the dogs out, then we played all their "dog games" - find the hidden treat and all that jazz. I had a very early breakfast of cereal and am going to make pancakes using my new griddle as soon as DD is out of the shower.

I hope you all have an amazing Sunday.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

I am back,

I attended Mass last night so I could be free to go to breakfast with Mom and Dad. Yes, I had dinner with them last night. I gave him the batch of Black Bean soup I made for him. He was excited.

I have no big plans for the rest of the day. Yesterday I went in to sew on a kit quilt that I got when my Aunt downsized. I had laid out the pieces on the spare bed. The DGSs moved them when they were here Wednesday. Now I am missing some pieces. I don't know if I had them before or not. I search the room and did not see them. This particular kit is part of the border, so I could replace it with a simple coordinating color rather than the various blocks. Or I could buy another kit off of Ebay for $10. It's not a quilt that I find pretty, So not really a keeper. I am just looking for a project I can work on during small blocks of time. So maybe I will move onto the next block for now.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Woke up to 52 degrees this morning; that was a bit of a shock to the system! It's going up into the low 70s and sunny. A bit windy though with gusts of winds in the mid-teens.

My stewed chicken came out SO good yesterday. I don't know why I don't make it often as it doesn't take much time and is basically just chicken, broth, onion and some flour to make the gravy.

I finally started on one of my jigsaw puzzles yesterday, having gotten all the pieces separated by color for the most part and the frame put together with the exception of 1 piece. I've gone through the pieces twice and haven't been able to find it, but will look again today.

I plan on doing some reading and coloring today as well as searching for the missing piece which I'm hoping is just a piece I overlooked.

Tonight's meal is spaghetti but I'm not sure what I'll make on the side yet.

Well that's it for now. Have a great day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:47 am Good morning all.

Woke up to 52 degrees this morning; that was a bit of a shock to the system! It's going up into the low 70s and sunny. A bit windy though with gusts of winds in the mid-teens.

My stewed chicken came out SO good yesterday. I don't know why I don't make it often as it doesn't take much time and is basically just chicken, broth, onion and some flour to make the gravy.

I finally started on one of my jigsaw puzzles yesterday, having gotten all the pieces separated by color for the most part and the frame put together with the exception of 1 piece. I've gone through the pieces twice and haven't been able to find it, but will look again today.

I plan on doing some reading and coloring today as well as searching for the missing piece which I'm hoping is just a piece I overlooked.

Tonight's meal is spaghetti but I'm not sure what I'll make on the side yet.

Well that's it for now. Have a great day.
Logics, sometimes I have just spaghetti with no side - I try not to make it a habit as I know how important those veggies are - but sometimes I just want a dish of pasta.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am sitting out on DS's deck enjoying coffee and a cool breeze, everyone else is sound asleep still. More or less the usual around here.

Plans for today are looking at Canadian Tire for some chair covers, DS wants to pick up some gardening sheers, and perhaps another folding chair for out on his deck or around the firepit.

If it doesn't start raining and stays fairly cool we plan on helping with some yard work and discovering what is in the rafters of the garage that is usable.

We are getting a little shower right now in fact, but I don't think it will amount to much. Still it will cool things down a bit.

Off to read and enjoy this quiet time of birds singing and rain gently falling.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/