Daily Check in June 19, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in June 19, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:46 pm Florida, I hope by now that you have been admitted.

I hope you are better soon.

Penny
Thank you Penny. I’m admitted and in my room. I just ate dinner, biggest meal I’ve had in awhile - tilapia.

Congrats on your new washer! 🎉
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Just got my official Covid PCR results from the state - Negative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Quilter51 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:27 pm Creative, I would love to know how you find penpals!! I am tring to get back into letter writing.

Florida, I will be thinking of you! I'm glad you called 911 with that kind of BP.

Jackie enjoy your visit.

Happy Dad's day to all, I'll be thinking of my husband and my son in law who is a multiple doggy parent (and yes, that counts absolutely).

Well I left the air too low last night and the fan on right over my head. Today I have a tiny sniffle and a sore throat. I would bet that's the cause so I am taking it easy (our priest is out of town and since we don't have a sub it's morning prayer today which I can do at home). I had planned to make swedish meatballs today as well as having some Buy nothing folks stop by for pickups but I canceled those and will have pancakes and eggs with salad and a fruit (all out of soup, got to rectify that one).

Yesterday I so enjoyed my monthly church gals lunch and am so glad we are back to all that stuff again. We were also talking about our seniors day camp in July.

I'm in the sewing room organizing and this morning I was working on "everything I can do" lists that are cheap and mainly free (although the day trips may cost just a bit) that I can do for the rest of the summer since I don't plan on traveling until the fall when I will go to colorado by a couple of scenic routes and/or take the train to Chicago.
It’s a private Facebook group I joined called Pen Pals for Senior Ladies (55 +). It has four moderators and you exchange addresses through Messenger. They state clearly NOT to post your address directly on the feed. You can create a profile of yourself with a photo of yourself outlining your interests and hobbies. Or you can simply respond to other people’s profiles. I did not post a profile of myself.

Facebook address, if allowed. Please note I will not assume any responsibility if you have a negative experience.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/204596088035769/

Good luck!
Creative
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:23 am Hello friends.

Quick post. I’m in th ER and will be admitted when they find a room. Very low blood pressure 60/40 and andouille some kidney issues. I’m in a good hospital. Called 911 this morning. Will keep you posted.
Thank heaven you paid attention to your body and came home! Get well quick.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:42 pm Just got my official Covid PCR results from the state - Negative
That’s good news! Best wishes for a speedy recovery from your surgery.

Creative
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:00 pm I have been through surgery for a kidney obstruction and will stay in the hospital for a few days.

Funny how things work. If my pippi had still been here I’d be a basket case worryingly
Well..what the heck? How are you feeling? I would stay there as long as you can. Good to be checked in on and looked after. You were SO wise to come home early from your travels when you weren't feeling well.
I am so sorry this happened to you.