Daily Check in June 19, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check in June 19, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Update:

Well, I was listening to CBC radio this afternoon after the Montreal Grand Prix finished. The weather alarm kept going off as they added more and more towns to a tornado watch. We are under a tornado watch for the evening.

Today was the annual Manitoba Marathon in Winnipeg. They weren't even a full hour into the race and they had to cancel it due to excessive heat. Runners were already dropping out due to the heat. Just terrible.

I am just now cooking supper. I went and had a nap that was longer than I thought I'd be!

As I was getting up, the 7 pm CBC news was on. 37C/99F with heat index of 46C/115F. No wonder it is hot in here with my big picture windows! I always have the drapes closed. It's just that warm out there!

I am watching the Juneteenth Celebrations on CNN. The concert is awesome!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:42 pm Update:

Well, I was listening to CBC radio this afternoon after the Montreal Grand Prix finished. The weather alarm kept going off as they added more and more towns to a tornado watch. We are under a tornado watch for the evening.

Today was the annual Manitoba Marathon in Winnipeg. They weren't even a full hour into the race and they had to cancel it due to excessive heat. Runners were already dropping out due to the heat. Just terrible.

I am just now cooking supper. I went and had a nap that was longer than I thought I'd be!

As I was getting up, the 7 pm CBC news was on. 37C/99F with heat index of 46C/115F. No wonder it is hot in here with my big picture windows! I always have the drapes closed. It's just that warm out there!

I am watching the Juneteenth Celebrations on CNN. The concert is awesome!!

MJ
wow - hard to believe it is so hot up there. Here in south Texas - sure. oMG - take care.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:13 pm Salut mes amis!!

Florida,

I hope they find a room for you soon so you can be more comfortable than hanging out in ER. I'm sending good health vibes and some prayers for you to get better soon.

Not much going on around here today. It is a wee bit over 100 degrees already and a tornado watch is our for our area. I am absolutely terrified of them since I lived through one when I was living in Peterborough Ontario. SO SCARY!! We are supposed to get some thunderstorms tonight. I hope that negates the tornado watch.

I had an English Muffin with raspberry jam for breakfast. It was really good. For lunch? I had the "poverty dinner" we sometimes had as kids, gravy over bread. It, too, was good. I am going to make potatoes fried with onions and steamed walleye with a lemon butter dill sauce for supper. I'll be living large!!

I am watching the Montreal Grand Prix. I just LOVE Montreal!! I've actually been given a ride around the island where the race is being held. I used to go to Montreal quite a bit. Such a great walking city when you are in the old port. Beautiful to see it and remember my times there!

After the race, I'll probably throw some laundry in. I want to wash my bathrobe this time too.

My friend in Boissevain, Manitoba and I are watching the race together via Facebook Messenger. It's fun to do and no one spent gas to get anywhere!

Still on my no spend days!

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
We weren’t nearly that hot but apparently it’s coming our way. Supposed to reach a high of 30 C or 86 F. Only a couple of hot days so we won’t turn on the AC. We set our AC at 26 or 78F. We have such long winters and I personally love the heat! I don’t want to wear a sweater inside my own house to be comfortable. I want to be able to wear my shorts, dresses and other cute summer clothes comfortably.

That was a condition I set with Dh when we had the AC installed.

Creative
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:00 pm I have been through surgery for a kidney obstruction and will stay in the hospital for a few days.

Funny how things work. If my pippi had still been here I’d be a basket case worryingly

Florida Cat So sorry to hear this. Wishing you a quick return to good health soon.
Janet Alliesmama