Daily Check in June 19, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in June 19, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:23 am Hello friends.

Quick post. I’m in th ER and will be admitted when they find a room. Very low blood pressure 60/40 and andouille some kidney issues. I’m in a good hospital. Called 911 this morning. Will keep you posted.
I will be thinking of you. Glad that you came home and will be well looked after by those you trust. When you are able let us know how you are.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

I have had a good day so far. I am glad I harvested some rhubarb first thing this morning as the sky quickly darkened and there’s some impressive thunder and lightening going on. Perfect baking weather so I made Dh’s favourite rhubarb scones and added an equal amount of raisins as per Dh’s request. This will definitely increase the sweetness and richness factor, but he’s thin as a rail anyway. I was only too happy to make something he liked.

I wrote two penpal letters of introduction this morning . One is going to a German female retired doctor and the other to a woman in Indiana. It’s really been a lot of fun! I now have 14 pen pals and knowing myself I think that’s enough! As it is I now have a book where I record date, who sent to, overall message and kind of stationery used, any added goodies like tea, and stamps. I also have a section for letters and items received, along with the date. I have also included a section for their birthdays and anniversaries. Because in all honesty I was forgetting who I sent what and when.

Jackie I am happy you got to the big city and that you’ll have a few more stores to go to. It’s always fun browsing around Michael ‘s. I feel like I have been getting out in the world a great deal more and am happier for it.

I wish all the significant men in the forum a Happy Father’s Day and a special hug to those who find it a difficult day.

Creative
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Creative, I would love to know how you find penpals!! I am tring to get back into letter writing.

Florida, I will be thinking of you! I'm glad you called 911 with that kind of BP.

Jackie enjoy your visit.

Happy Dad's day to all, I'll be thinking of my husband and my son in law who is a multiple doggy parent (and yes, that counts absolutely).

Well I left the air too low last night and the fan on right over my head. Today I have a tiny sniffle and a sore throat. I would bet that's the cause so I am taking it easy (our priest is out of town and since we don't have a sub it's morning prayer today which I can do at home). I had planned to make swedish meatballs today as well as having some Buy nothing folks stop by for pickups but I canceled those and will have pancakes and eggs with salad and a fruit (all out of soup, got to rectify that one).

Yesterday I so enjoyed my monthly church gals lunch and am so glad we are back to all that stuff again. We were also talking about our seniors day camp in July.

I'm in the sewing room organizing and this morning I was working on "everything I can do" lists that are cheap and mainly free (although the day trips may cost just a bit) that I can do for the rest of the summer since I don't plan on traveling until the fall when I will go to colorado by a couple of scenic routes and/or take the train to Chicago.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Happy Daze, I meant to tell you.

IF you decide looking online that Walmart has enough food to deliver to you and so on, I subscribe to walmart plus and get free delivery. There are also other advantages. And they have many choices of clothing online if you are comfortable in any way with that kind of shopping.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I have been through surgery for a kidney obstruction and will stay in the hospital for a few days.

Funny how things work. If my pippi had still been here I’d be a basket case worryingly
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!!

Florida,

I hope they find a room for you soon so you can be more comfortable than hanging out in ER. I'm sending good health vibes and some prayers for you to get better soon.

Not much going on around here today. It is a wee bit over 100 degrees already and a tornado watch is our for our area. I am absolutely terrified of them since I lived through one when I was living in Peterborough Ontario. SO SCARY!! We are supposed to get some thunderstorms tonight. I hope that negates the tornado watch.

I had an English Muffin with raspberry jam for breakfast. It was really good. For lunch? I had the "poverty dinner" we sometimes had as kids, gravy over bread. It, too, was good. I am going to make potatoes fried with onions and steamed walleye with a lemon butter dill sauce for supper. I'll be living large!!

I am watching the Montreal Grand Prix. I just LOVE Montreal!! I've actually been given a ride around the island where the race is being held. I used to go to Montreal quite a bit. Such a great walking city when you are in the old port. Beautiful to see it and remember my times there!

After the race, I'll probably throw some laundry in. I want to wash my bathrobe this time too.

My friend in Boissevain, Manitoba and I are watching the race together via Facebook Messenger. It's fun to do and no one spent gas to get anywhere!

Still on my no spend days!

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.