Daily Check-in June 20, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in June 20, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:02 pm Trees, I believe the infection started on the long flight to Copenhagen. When I got there, I could only pee a small amount. Very unlike me. I thought I was drinking OK but being out sightseeing, I was not drinking like I do at home. That’s my guess.

The changes I’m going to make will include a better diet but also not trying to do everything myself. I’m going to get a lawn service. And I’m really going to focus on making mom’s house into MY house. That means getting rid of a lot more stuff. I’m ready to move forward.

Another thing is I’m going to start SS this year and not wait until I’m 70. I have a low income but significant assets and I’m going to start using them. (Don’t worry, I’m not one to ever to anything crazy.) I almost died. I’m going to use my money.

I want to make $$ gifts (nothing extreme) to things important to me. One is my local newspaper, my employer in various ways for 30 years, and a big part of our community. My mom LOVED the paper. She spent two hours each morning reading it for years. We are lucky that our paper is still independent. So many good papers are now owned by hedge funds that care only about money and have decimated their newsrooms. But our paper has struggled terribly in recent years, borrowed money and finally got it paid back. They now ask for online donations to their investigative reporting fund (sad and somewhat embarrassing). They won a Pulitzer this year.
Good for you FL. Treat yourself with that hard-earned and hard-saved $$.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-in June 20, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:02 pm Trees, I believe the infection started on the long flight to Copenhagen. When I got there, I could only pee a small amount. Very unlike me. I thought I was drinking OK but being out sightseeing, I was not drinking like I do at home. That’s my guess.

The changes I’m going to make will include a better diet but also not trying to do everything myself. I’m going to get a lawn service. And I’m really going to focus on making mom’s house into MY house. That means getting rid of a lot more stuff. I’m ready to move forward.

Another thing is I’m going to start SS this year and not wait until I’m 70. I have a low income but significant assets and I’m going to start using them. (Don’t worry, I’m not one to ever to anything crazy.) I almost died. I’m going to use my money.

I want to make $$ gifts (nothing extreme) to things important to me. One is my local newspaper, my employer in various ways for 30 years, and a big part of our community. My mom LOVED the paper. She spent two hours each morning reading it for years. We are lucky that our paper is still independent. So many good papers are now owned by hedge funds that care only about money and have decimated their newsrooms. But our paper has struggled terribly in recent years, borrowed money and finally got it paid back. They now ask for online donations to their investigative reporting fund (sad and somewhat embarrassing). They won a Pulitzer this year.
It sounds like you have been doing a lot of deep thinking on things. I started taking SS when I was first eligible. Might as well have the money now. Will you be moving into your Mom's home at some point?
Glad to hear you will be getting a lawn service...time to get a little help with stuff.
How are you feeling? I hope much better.