Daily Check-in June 20, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in June 20, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:26 am Hello friends.

I’m doing better. Eating well and in no pain. The urologist was in this morning and I have a severe infection. So I’ll be here several more days do they can give me the antibiotics. Thankfully they will remove the catheter tomorrow. I was able to take a “sponge bath” this morning. Amazingly I’m in a private room. I asked the nurse and she said most rooms on this floor of the new building are private. They are all kind here.

Mackie, I love your husband for building that luxury ramp for Ollie Cat! Give him a kiss from me.
[/quoe

Hi Floridacat! I'm so glad you are feeling better and being treated well. Hopefully you can get some good rest since you have the private room. Take care, friend!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I've been puttering around the house. Did sweeping and vacuuming, have a pot of potato/corn/kale chowder going - it's one of my favorite soups, year round.

I don't know that I'll make anything else today. I am going to go buy some corn chips to go with the corn dip I made last night. That is against my "rule" of not going to the store for one thing - but it's my rule, I can break it, lol.

The weather is just perfect today - sunny and warm but not too hot. This will be a 3-day work week for me - yayyyyyy!!

My team member who I supervised resigned two weeks ago and her last day was Friday - I wasn't there. I have a new person (hired internally and someone I'm very excited to work with) starting in July and a lot of good changes to how we will divide the HR work - so I'm very happy about that.

Off to do something else - I'm not sure what yet but something. Hope everyone is having a very good day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Happy Daze, was the person who resigned the one who was rude and insubordinate? If so, then hooray!

We seem to be having a quiet day around the office. (I'll be careful not to say that too loudly.) I have sent a couple of e-mails, vacuumed the office carpet, and then took the vacuum cleaner apart and cleaned it out. Also cleaned my mouse pad with alcohol since whatever I'm allergic to around here affects my right hand, so that seemed a likely suspect. I have scratched that hand raw in places: the skin is thin because I'm getting older and there's not any fat on the backs of my hands any more.

Dora Kitty was so cute this morning. The robovac was doing its rounds in the living room, and she arched her back and puffed up her tail at the sight. No vacuuming goes on in a homeless camp, so she does not know what to think of it. That's one of many common household things she's had to get used to. I scratched the back of her neck and told her the vac does not eat kitties. She didn't seem too sure about that.

She has a crinkly mylar play ball and decided to get it and play with it on our bed at 5 a.m. DH and I both awoke to this metallic rattley-crunchy sound. He sat up, reached to the foot of the bed, stuck his hand under his pillow and flopped back down. I said, "Dora has her play ball." He said, "Not anymore." Then I realized he'd hidden under his pillow! :-D

We all went back to sleep after that. She usually wakes up at 6:30 when it's time to eat, so I'm not sure what got her going so early.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Well.

I now have a gigantic laundry basket (imagine the biggest plastic rectangle with handles you can) and an equally large bin full of fabric and stuff to be sorted, oh joy

I am now making art quilts and abstract textile art in addition to traditional quilts and sewing which means I save everything. So I have stuff organized by colar in big pieces. Smaller bins of fat quarters and less and then bags of each color of trim remnants and such. i also have clothing donated to me and scrap as well to be used in various upcycling projects.

Im about to start up on the old blog in the next week so I will definitely have some pictures soon. Meanwhile, I have work to do in between creating, Ha!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:02 pm Happy Daze, was the person who resigned the one who was rude and insubordinate? If so, then hooray!

We seem to be having a quiet day around the office. (I'll be careful not to say that too loudly.) I have sent a couple of e-mails, vacuumed the office carpet, and then took the vacuum cleaner apart and cleaned it out. Also cleaned my mouse pad with alcohol since whatever I'm allergic to around here affects my right hand, so that seemed a likely suspect. I have scratched that hand raw in places: the skin is thin because I'm getting older and there's not any fat on the backs of my hands any more.

Dora Kitty was so cute this morning. The robovac was doing its rounds in the living room, and she arched her back and puffed up her tail at the sight. No vacuuming goes on in a homeless camp, so she does not know what to think of it. That's one of many common household things she's had to get used to. I scratched the back of her neck and told her the vac does not eat kitties. She didn't seem too sure about that.

She has a crinkly mylar play ball and decided to get it and play with it on our bed at 5 a.m. DH and I both awoke to this metallic rattley-crunchy sound. He sat up, reached to the foot of the bed, stuck his hand under his pillow and flopped back down. I said, "Dora has her play ball." He said, "Not anymore." Then I realized he'd hidden under his pillow! :-D

We all went back to sleep after that. She usually wakes up at 6:30 when it's time to eat, so I'm not sure what got her going so early.
Mackie, yes, that be the one...and it got a whole lot worse than what I spoke about here...I have never seen such behavior from a grown, middle aged woman. The stories I could tell ya - but it wouldn't be appropriate.

Great sleep save by your DH! :lol:

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Another ultra warm day - it is crazy weather. I mean we expect this in July and August - but June and May???

My grass looks terrible, but it is my fault since I refuse to water it. Some people around here do water and the yards look nice. But I tell you all my past photos from facebook last year - beautiful thick green grass. And I didn't' water then either. We are in a serious drought. I think it has rained once this year so far. Last year we had record rain -

Ill sibling was looking better. We will probably find out more today. At least she is safe there where they can monitor signs and give her the right meds.

She is thinking of going to assisted living. She would not have to worry about house stuff.

Will see what happens.