Daily Check-in June 20, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-in June 20, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:26 am Hello friends.

I’m doing better. Eating well and in no pain. The urologist was in this morning and I have a severe infection. So I’ll be here several more days do they can give me the antibiotics. Thankfully they will remove the catheter tomorrow. I was able to take a “sponge bath” this morning. Amazingly I’m in a private room. I asked the nurse and she said most rooms on this floor of the new building are private. They are all kind here.

Mackie, I love your husband for building that luxury ramp for Ollie Cat! Give him a kiss from me.
So glad you are feeling better...also glad you are staying there for a few days.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:59 pm So glad you are feeling better...also glad you are staying there for a few days.
Thank you Trees. Found out today that I was even sicker than I thought. Infection got into my bloodstream. I’m going to make a lot of life changes when I get through this.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:07 pm Thank you Trees. Found out today that I was even sicker than I thought. Infection got into my bloodstream. I’m going to make a lot of life changes when I get through this.
I am glad that you are feeling much better.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good afternoon fellow frugalites,

We are home and have been for awhile. There is something wrong with our cordless phones, they just are not working. I will fiddle with them a bit more later and see if I can get them working. Right now there is no dial tone so no phoning out or in. But at least I now got the one to charge, and thank heavens for cell phones.

Once home I got everything unpacked, and the dirty laundry in the basket (will be doing that tomorrow) and Hubby mowed the front lawn while I watered my very thirsty plants. Just have the ones in front to do left and I think I may wait until it is not so hot out.

I even managed to get out and pick rhubarb, this will be made into jam hopefully early one morning very soon.

The garbage bin is out for pick up, and I am going to get my dusting done and make up the list of household tasks for the week next.

Supper will be simple, I drove to the store and picked up a ready cooked chicken and some potato salad. It is much too hot and I have too much to catch up with to even think about cooking tonight. Bit of a cheat, but I only do this once in awhile so I don't feel too bad.

Youngest DS is slowly getting his yard in shape. We helped him out quite a bit and now hopefully it will be easier for him to keep up. Just a bit a day will see even more improvements.

Off to get a bit more done, before I pull out my cheat meal and put it on the table.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:07 pm Thank you Trees. Found out today that I was even sicker than I thought. Infection got into my bloodstream. I’m going to make a lot of life changes when I get through this.
Any idea on where the infection started? Interested in what life changes you are thinking of making. I am definitely changing my eating habits. I get enough exercise...I just need to eat better.
Again..I will say...I am SO glad you went with your gut feeling to get yourself back home when you did.
I will be so relieved when your infection is all cleared up and you get back home.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:14 am Any idea on where the infection started? Interested in what life changes you are thinking of making. I am definitely changing my eating habits. I get enough exercise...I just need to eat better.
Again..I will say...I am SO glad you went with your gut feeling to get yourself back home when you did.
I will be so relieved when your infection is all cleared up and you get back home.
Trees, I believe the infection started on the long flight to Copenhagen. When I got there, I could only pee a small amount. Very unlike me. I thought I was drinking OK but being out sightseeing, I was not drinking like I do at home. That’s my guess.

The changes I’m going to make will include a better diet but also not trying to do everything myself. I’m going to get a lawn service. And I’m really going to focus on making mom’s house into MY house. That means getting rid of a lot more stuff. I’m ready to move forward.

Another thing is I’m going to start SS this year and not wait until I’m 70. I have a low income but significant assets and I’m going to start using them. (Don’t worry, I’m not one to ever to anything crazy.) I almost died. I’m going to use my money.

I want to make $$ gifts (nothing extreme) to things important to me. One is my local newspaper, my employer in various ways for 30 years, and a big part of our community. My mom LOVED the paper. She spent two hours each morning reading it for years. We are lucky that our paper is still independent. So many good papers are now owned by hedge funds that care only about money and have decimated their newsrooms. But our paper has struggled terribly in recent years, borrowed money and finally got it paid back. They now ask for online donations to their investigative reporting fund (sad and somewhat embarrassing). They won a Pulitzer this year.