Daily Check-in June 20, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in June 20, 2022

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I hope to do more decluttering today. I have 2 trash bags about half full. I know on Tuesday I will have enough to finish filling one without any decluttering at all.

I have a plastic box I have had for years that I just can’t decide if I want it or not so for now it is a keeper.

I do want to see what I can do about my organizing sewing area better. I think I might have some things in small drawers that might be better in a larger drawer.

As much as possible I want to just move stuff around, not buy new storage.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Beautiful day here. Doing my regular "house" stuff and working outside.
Spending nothing today!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

getting dressed and having a quick cup of coffee

Ill sibling is in the hospital again. so we are going to go see her.

knew this was going to happen when i saw how swollen her legs were on saturday.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Clem, sorry about your sis! Glad FCL is feeling better. Penny, organizing my sewing room/studio is a lifetime project I think.

We're supposed to be 99 today and 105 by the end of the week. I'm assuming Penny and Clem will see highter temps.

I was up and dressed (read maxi sun dress and no bra) by seven, but did not walk. I did however sit on my patio while it was still tolerable (thankfully facing north) for almost an hour while having prayer time and generally reading emails and just day dreaming. I think that may be my morning routine for much of the summer.

Theyve now moved our pool hours so we go until 8. I was going to start going from nine to ten, but instead I may try the after dinner thing. We shall see.

No plans today in terms of going and doing. Exercise will be a forty mintute seated aerobic and weight routine, and I have sewing and knitting plans.

Chores for today will be changing my bed (thankful I have two sets so the wash can wait), rotating laundry and just generally doing a whole apartment walk through and pickup sometime today. I may make a tuna casserole or swedish meatballs this afternoon or I may pull my last hamburger stew out of the freezer and not cook (choice B is sounding pretty good)

I already did ten dollars worth of earnings online in like half an hour today, I will go back to it in a bit.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. FloridaCat, I hope you are resting well and feeling much better. (((HUGS)))

This morning is cool and lovely, but the week promises to be an oven. The high Wednesday is predicted to be 99 F. Ugh. This is too hot for this time of year, and we are already under an air quality alert. Because the city is ringed by mountains, air pollution tends to settle over it. I am so often thankful that we live outside the mountain ring in a little city adjacent to the big one. Half the property taxes, way better air quality.

DH got the cat ramp he built for Ollie Cat installed on the back porch yesterday afternoon. It is a thing of beauty: he upholstered it with Persian-style patterned carpet runners and attached it to the porch window ledge with heavy-duty hinges so we can pick up the end and sweep under it.

We showed Ollie how to use it and he took to it right away. He's usually very stubborn about things, but he's also a smart cat, so maybe he realized, "hey, this is a lot easier on this old body."

I started this two hours ago and then got busy. :-D Hope you all have a great day.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I’m doing better. Eating well and in no pain. The urologist was in this morning and I have a severe infection. So I’ll be here several more days do they can give me the antibiotics. Thankfully they will remove the catheter tomorrow. I was able to take a “sponge bath” this morning. Amazingly I’m in a private room. I asked the nurse and she said most rooms on this floor of the new building are private. They are all kind here.

Mackie, I love your husband for building that luxury ramp for Ollie Cat! Give him a kiss from me.