Daily Check in June 21, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in June 21, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

I am enjoying our current 60 F temps. We are supposed to get up into the upper 90's today.

Stay safe everyone,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in June 21, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

This is going to be short. This morning we have no internet, no landline phones and no basic TV. I will be phoning our provider shortly to see if we can get it fixed. Using my data plan on my phone right now to type this.

It rained pretty much all night which is great as the garden really needed the moisture.

I will check back later.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Sorry to hear about the lack of internet services, Jackie. Spending a lot of time using mine I understand what being without it does to a person.

Florida, so glad you're doing better and applauding you on your decision to make some lifestyle changes. While we all hate to admit it, we can't do the things we used to do when we were even ten years younger. It's something we all need to do. Embrace this much needed rest so when you get out you will be raring to go again. This experience was I'm sure an eye opener

Today will be in the mid-70s and cloudy as rain is expected tonight and tomorrow. After the row of beautiful days we've had who can complain.

I have to go to the Post Office and the grocery store today; I am doing good with food budget this month. I didn't dump the recyclables yesterday but will do so today.

I did find the one piece to the frame of my puzzle and have put it into place. Now I'm ready to start filling it in. For the first time in attempting to work a puzzle I did separate the pieces by color so I'm hoping that helps make working on it a bit easier.

I put together this morning a small collection of new/unused puzzle books (Logic Problems, Sudoku, Word Search and Number Fill-ins) that I plan on offering on Freecycle.

Tonight's menu is tacos.

Well that's it for now. Have a great day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Today is the summer solstice, the longest day of the year. It's 8:49 a.m. here in southeastern Tennessee and a pretty pleasant 71 degrees F. The high is predicted to hit 97 F., though. Ugh, with more ugh on top.

I stopped at Walgreens yesterday to pick up a couple of things and used $3 in rewards on checking out. Also bought some more socks off eBay. These are Hue socks, new with tags, of a mostly cotton style not made any more. Hue has gone to largely synthetic blends. I had bought a test pair of the socks and they were so comfortable that I bought four more pairs.

Dora Kitty was being a rowdy girl with morning and swatting at me when I was trying to make the bed. She definitely has outbreaks of "tortie-tude," as tortiseshell cats are known for having a bit of an attitude. I think she was bored because all her toys were under the furniture. She can get them back out if she works at it, but she wanted me to do. Sweet little brat. :-D

FloridaCat, I hope you are feeling much better today and resting well.

I hope everyone has a lovely day, and stays cool.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

And yes - first day of summer! But heck seems like it has been summer around here for some time

I slept like a log last night - I was so sleepy from no sleep the night before. I did have to get up at 3am - but those uninterrupted 5 hours felt like I slept for ten

And the COD was home, so his "therapy" dog didn't make a peep last night. They both slept soundly - no barking at all. Brats!

I did get up earlier than I wanted, but not sleepy. Supposedly ill sibling might be released today and my other sibling and I will go get her. We shall see.

Hope all have a great day!
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Dora Kitty was being a rowdy girl with morning and swatting at me when I was trying to make the bed. She definitely has outbreaks of "tortie-tude," as tortiseshell cats are known for having a bit of an attitude. I think she was bored because all her toys were under the furniture. She can get them back out if she works at it, but she wanted me to do. Sweet little brat. :-D

Ah yes. I know about tortie-tude. Mine lived for 16 years and I miss her. One thing she did was to knock an object off of the counter or dresser and then stare at me with this look of "what are you going to do about it?" She was definitely a character. In her younger days she loved to annoy the other cat we had. That would get themm running and hissing throughout the house.

Bev