Daily Check in June 21, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in June 21, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:12 pm Infectious disease doctor just stopped by. Things are better but I will not be going home tomorrow. But it will be this week. I’m alive so no complaints from me.
Good - you need to stay there until you are completely healed!

We are kind of ticked off that the hospital discharged my ill sibling after spending one night there. They diagnosed her with an arterial pulmonary embolism. Put her on some blood thinning agents to dissolve the clot. But darn I would think that she should stay there until it was dissolved.

We - my sister and I - really have no say. We are just basically transportation for her. Her kids are not available. One lives in another state and the other was working.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

If any of you would like to see photos of Dora Kitty when she was in foster care with her babies, there is a link below. Her name was Penelope then. The top search item that comes up refers to Penelope and her four boys.

https://www.facebook.com/scratchinc/posts/8128998367126397
Mackie
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

chocolite wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:20 pm Hello, frugal friends. I’ve been out of pocket for several days and in my reading of posts to try and catch up, I see I’ve missed a lot.

JCKitty, first of all, I am so very sorry for your loss. I’m sure you are still in shock. Wish I could give you a big hug.

FL Cat, wow! So glad you listened to your body and did what you needed to do. I’ll be praying for a swift recovery. I applaud you for making changes to ensure a better future – for you and the causes you love.

Trees, happy belated golden anniversary! I wish you many more years together.

ICFrugal, I hope and pray that your DH is in the right study group and that they can heal the skin ulcers.

Temps here are hovering right around 100° this week. I got out yesterday, because it was going to be the coolest day of the next seven. I was going stir crazy in this house. So I went through the Walgreens drive through to pick up a prescription, filled up my tank (ouch!), went to the bookstore to take a selfie in front of the shelf where my book would theoretically go (homework for my writing group) – didn’t buy anything though, went through the drive through at Burger King for a Whopper Jr., then took the long way home. It was so nice to just be out and about. I would’ve hung out longer at the bookstore, because they have a café and I wanted to just get an iced coffee and hang out, looking at books/magazines. But the café is on a raised platform in the middle of the store and it’s four steps up to get there. I just didn’t feel like I could navigate it with my walker, so I didn’t try. I’m learning, lol.

I need to cook today. Supper the last two nights was steak, yum. The first night I had baked sweet potatoes and a pot of Northern beans I’d made with the rest of the ham. Last night, we had turnip greens with the Northern beans and the rest of the steak. Oh, and sliced tomatoes and cantaloupe. I really want to go to our farmers’ market one day, but I don’t think I can navigate it with my walker. There’s gravel between the car and the farmers’ market, and I’m not sure how stable my walker would be on that terrain. Have any of y’all used a walker on gravel? I would take any advice you have. Anyway, I’m thinking about doing eggs and bacon for supper tonight. Quick and easy. I will do the bacon in the oven.

Mackie, I love reading the Dora Kitty anecdotes. She sounds so cute. Your ‘sweet little brat’ is a perfect description for most cats, mine included. Orange boys have a lot of that catitude as well. Hobbes has slowed down a lot, but he still loves when I throw a ponytail holder. He’ll bring it back a few times, then settle down in the middle of the floor and chew on it for a while. He also has a floppy fish that I keep charged up for him. He’ll hold it between his paws and kick his back legs against it while it’s flailing back and forth. Fun to watch. I do worry about his mobility issues, though, as he just can’t easily jump on the furniture anymore. I’ve had him on fish oil for a couple months, but it doesn’t seem to be improving. So I’m sort of at a loss. As for our little Audrey, she apparently never learned how to play, so she just doesn’t ‘get’ the concept of toys. We’ve bought several over the years but she just never took to any of them.
You can give cats glucosamine,my daughters was having some stiffness doing the stairs and she found some powdered on Chewy,which she sprinkles on her wet food treat 1x a day,we've already seen a difference and it's just about 3 weeks.
She is a 13 year old calico with the worst catitude I've ever seen🙀
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:21 pm If any of you would like to see photos of Dora Kitty when she was in foster care with her babies, there is a link below. Her name was Penelope then. The top search item that comes up refers to Penelope and her four boys.

https://www.facebook.com/scratchinc/posts/8128998367126397
OMG - she is so beautiful. Hope all her beautiful babies were also adopted!!!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

They were. They were adopted in pairs a week after we got her.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:13 pm They were. They were adopted in pairs a week after we got her.
That is great. Hope all spayed and neutered also.