Daily Check in June 21, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check in June 21, 2022

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening beautiful people,

Very hot and humid today so I got my walk in very early. When I returned home, I spent about half an hour working in the garden, then shifted my work inside the house where it was much cooler. I made Jackie’s honey wheat bread and cleaned like a mas woman! Deep cleaned the stove burners, kitchen sinks, cupboard under sink, all the counters, cleaned the toaster ( lots of crumbs) and tea kettle. Did a load of laundry and paid off some bills. Worked on decluttering our guest bedroom in the basement, attempting to ditch the storage room appearance it currently has. Still a work in progress.

I made my first YouTube video since I couldn’t upload a video I made for my pen pals by Messenger directly from my photos.. Little did I realize is the fact I actually created a YouTube channel and now have 2 subscribers! How naïve I was! I will have to read up on this! But my next two days are already quite full, so that will be a project for another day.

Very hot with humidex factor,but it has cooled down and our bedroom window is open wide! We won’t be turning our AC on just yet. Another hot day tomorrow and then will get cooler. Dh also has the patio door open downstairs to cool things off. I drew the blinds earlier to keep out the sun.

Have a peaceful sleep everyone !

Creative
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Yes, Clem, all were fixed and fully vetted. The rescue we adopted her from does an amazing job. Those were the fattest, fluffiest, healthiest kittens. The kitten and mama foster dotes on them.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:12 pm Infectious disease doctor just stopped by. Things are better but I will not be going home tomorrow. But it will be this week. I’m alive so no complaints from me.
I am glad you are on the mend.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:21 pm If any of you would like to see photos of Dora Kitty when she was in foster care with her babies, there is a link below. Her name was Penelope then. The top search item that comes up refers to Penelope and her four boys.

https://www.facebook.com/scratchinc/posts/8128998367126397
Such a cutie.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Thank you. She is just a barrel of fun too.

This weekend we plan to take the pet gate down and fully integrate her into the household. She's become bold enough to jump over it and go out into the main house when the dogs are out there, so it's time. We'll probably keep it up at night so she can safely sleep with us for a while longer, though.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I get my Social Security check on the third of the month, but even so I subtract all my fixed expenses from my check and then plan around only the my choice items.

If I allow my self to spend say $50 this month on items that are not essential that is all I have to spend.

So before I spend any money each month i add up items like rent, electric, insurance, cable and internet. If I know in advance I will have a copay in that month I add that in.

Plus though my bank doesn't require a minimum balance for Free checking I still like to keep some money there. Not a lot.

I don't drive so I no longer have auto expenses. I do have the expense of occasional taxies. But since I am eligible for para transit that even helps there.

Penny