Daily Check in June 21, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check in June 21, 2022

Post by chocolite »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:21 pm If any of you would like to see photos of Dora Kitty when she was in foster care with her babies, there is a link below. Her name was Penelope then. The top search item that comes up refers to Penelope and her four boys.

https://www.facebook.com/scratchinc/posts/8128998367126397
She's adorable! That little face looks like she's wearing a mask.
Patty
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Penny I am ashamed to say that I have more than enough woth both a pension and SS for all my needs and wants. My problem is only mismanagement and the fact that most months the 2nd Wednesday is close enough to the fifth that I'm covered. This month there's a week's difference.

It's a pure lack of management and this month when I get my ss I will probably pay at least half of August in advance just to get ahead.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:21 pm If any of you would like to see photos of Dora Kitty when she was in foster care with her babies, there is a link below. Her name was Penelope then. The top search item that comes up refers to Penelope and her four boys.

https://www.facebook.com/scratchinc/posts/8128998367126397
She’s adorable, Mackie. How much does she weigh? She looks bigger than I thought but I think mostly it’s her fluffy hair.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, she now weighs 8.2 pounds. She weighed only 6 pounds when she was rescued. She was catching birds to feed herself and her nursing babies. She then gained a pound and a few ounces in foster care (she was eating canned food four times a day) and added a little more weight when she came to us. She's a good weight now. She is not a big cat: the fluff makes her look larger.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

That’s a good weight. Pippi was around 8 for most of her life.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

chocolite wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:41 am She's adorable! That little face looks like she's wearing a mask.
That's her inner bandit showing. :-D I do love her little face. The rescue just saved a little girl kitten who is her mini-me, right down to the stripe on her nose. They are probably related: the mom is most likely Dora's sister or mother. They also trapped a big, handsome Russian blue tomcat who they think is the father of all the blue-gray kittens they've been rescuing lately. He carries the dilute black gene -- Russian blue or blue gray is actually dilute black -- and it's a strongly expressed gene.
Mackie