Daily Check-in June 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in June 22, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Afternoon everyone,

I have a hair dresser appointment in a couple of hours. I finished the training modules I have been working on since March 1. I registered the training to both of the certification bodies I needed then for.

I also had a meeting with my boss, giving more direction as to a project he wants me to work on. And he notified me of a raise that I will see in July. He indicated that he'd like to give me more, but I do know how this company works. But I am happy with this raise. We just had a some rain roll through. Now I hear rumbles of thunder.

I really do not have anything else to report. my rather mundane life is continuing on.

Have a great day,
Maggie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I just finished a 40 minute walk through the smaller building checking emergency lights in the hallways, which made me notice that the exit sign on the ground floor points out the window and not out the door. Good grief.

Over lunch today I looked at our bank account online and we have spent SO much on pets this month already, with several food orders and vet appointments, and a pile of money fixing DH's car, plus the small fortune my glasses cost and the ever-escalating cost of groceries. What DH will eat can mostly be found at Food Lion, but I think I may split my shopping days and go by Aldi on a mid-week afternoon to buy the things I eat, as Aldi will definitely have a far better price on almond milk, frozen veggies, eggs and such.

July has to be a real buckle down month. We've had so many expenses that we're not making much headway on our consumer debt. The expense situation is not helped one bit by inflation, but we need to try harder.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:53 pm I just finished a 40 minute walk through the smaller building checking emergency lights in the hallways, which made me notice that the exit sign on the ground floor points out the window and not out the door. Good grief.

Over lunch today I looked at our bank account online and we have spent SO much on pets this month already, with several food orders and vet appointments, and a pile of money fixing DH's car, plus the small fortune my glasses cost and the ever-escalating cost of groceries. What DH will eat can mostly be found at Food Lion, but I think I may split my shopping days and go by Aldi on a mid-week afternoon to buy the things I eat, as Aldi will definitely have a far better price on almond milk, frozen veggies, eggs and such.

July has to be a real buckle down month. We've had so many expenses that we're not making much headway on our consumer debt. The expense situation is not helped one bit by inflation, but we need to try harder.
I am making changes to my Chewy auto deliveries. Sadly due to the passing away of three pups. And also because I order too much. I have too many boxes of Milk Bone treats. Will now only order as needed.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

goodnight all.

It is early - not even 9pm here, but I think I need to just sign off and relax.
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

yesterday was the 2nd day of DH's checkup to see if he can be in the medical trial

Long day, we were picked up at 7:30am, because they wanted a fasting Blood sugar reading.
we did get home before 3 pm yEAH!!!

We don't know the schedule for next week yet.

we had the same driver for both rides, we gave him a $20 tip.

Today we had lunch with some hS friends of mine. Nice to see them, outside eating of course.

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

ICFrugal, I hope it all goes super-well for your DH and he can get healed up. (((HUGS)))
Mackie