Daily Check-in June 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in June 22, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Well it currently is cloudy and today and tomorrow are not going to be total rain days as originally shown. Temperature will be in the mid to high 60s which is OK by me.

In reading yesterday's posts, it reminded me that when I fractured my shoulder that the railing on my stairs was on the side of the fracture so I would lean against the right wall to get down. I contacted my co-op and asked for them to put a rail in on the other side and they did.

I, too, like Quilter have planned down the road to hire help for cleaning tasks and more than likely my laundry. Right now I can handle it, as I bring the cart down first and then make up and down trips until it's full. Coming back up is the problem. I can pull the cart up but it makes a whole lot of noise so right now I carry it with one hand while holding the rail on the other side of the wall. It wasn't a problem until COVID and my downstairs neighbors starting working from home. One is back but the other isn't and I really don't want to make that bump, bump, bump up 14 stairs while she's on the phone with a customer/client. One day I might buy one of those carts that is made for taking it up stairs, however, they say taking it down is the problem, although I could probably do what I do now rather than try to take it down the stairs full.

Today's household tasks are complete as are my exercising, reading the newspaper, played a few computer games and first reading of my emails. Despite it being cloudy I might try putting together a section of the puzzle I started the other day. If I can't then reading and working on my web site are on my list. I could also work on some word/number puzzle books. Today is also putting together next week's grocery list from the food ads.

Well I'm off for now. Have a good day.
ownedbydogs

Re: Daily Check-in June 22, 2022

Post by ownedbydogs »

Just trying to see if I can post
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Seems as if I am back to being able to post again. Could read and write, but then lose it. Got my sister house sold. Bought half from my brother and sold it to granddaughter. She is going to build a house on the property as soon as she gets her house sold.
I am pretty much out of commission for the last week. Dropped a iPad on my foot last week and the side hit the top of my foot. Swelled and bruised, but didn’t hurt too much at first. Now can’t hardly walk on it. No broken bones, just badly bruised, according to dr yesterday.
An animal got n my duct work and died, so had no ac during the hottest part of the season. Using window ac . Thankful that I had one stored as one can’t be bought as stores are out.that and fans kept the temp bearable for me. Paid 225 to get the animal out they wanted 500 to repair the duct work, but son in law is doing it. Cheaper and we know it is done right.

Everyone one have an enjoyable day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Digs. I sympathize. Son once dropped a pottery plate on his foot and though he was fine until 3 days later.

Logics, ah yes laundry. I live in a Sr complex and there are people as old as 104 and as young as 55 but with issues and many have some assistance of some sort, including shopping and such. I'm not closets there yet but ready to accept some help.

It will be 100 today but right now its 77 on my patio so I'll sit and enjoy it for awhile and check back later.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Bit cool this morning compared to other mornings, but the sun is shining and after I get a few things done (dusting, folding the clothes on the lines downstairs) I will head out for a walk.

Mass at the hospital this morning, so jam making may have to wait until after supper. That's okay because the temps will be cooling down at that point.

We still have internet this morning, which means we still have TV. No landline phone however, so I think I will need to give out my cell number and perhaps cancel the landline if the service guy/girl or we can't get it working once again. It will be strange letting everyone have that number as I have kept it private for such a very long time. It has cut down on spam calls though.

While the internet was down yesterday I rolled coin and while it is a tidy sum I know back before Covid there was much more in those jars. Heck I have a feeling there will be even less due to inflation over the next two years. Still it gives us a bit to help pay for the reunion coming up the July 1 weekend.

Supper tonight is going to be probably most of the leftover chicken from Monday along with some potato salad using radish and onion from the garden. Kind of another cold plate. This time I will add pickles to the plate.

Today I am grateful for air conditioning on those really warm days.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Owned, I am so sorry about your foot and your AC issues. Glad you have your sister's house squared away. That was something of an ordeal for you.

It's 8:45 a.m. and 75 degrees F. in southeastern Tennessee. The high today is predicted to hit 97 degrees F. and the there's an air quality alert out. The only good thing with the weather is that the humidity is not bad for our area, so it does not feel as miserable as usual. If the humidity stayed low like it does in October, everyone would want to live here.

Last night before going to bed, I took the dust mop and fished the cat toys from behind our dresser. Dora Kitty absolutely loves the dust mop. She grabs it and lets it drag her along the floor. That helped her burn off some energy. The dog food order from Chewy was delivered yesterday. I had put a new cat toy in with the order to qualify for free shipping. DH said she played with the toy all day. It's a play ball inside a fabric covering with chenille "fingers" that stick out all over, so it was a little too big to go under the dresser.

I think DH really enjoys having her around during the day. The dogs and the two older cats sleep all day, but Dora is Little Miss Energy. :)

My tea cup is empty, so it's time to for the next work chore. Hope you all have a lovely day and stay cool. FloridaCat (((HUGS))). If you get to go home today, take it easy.
Mackie