Daily Check-in June 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check-in June 22, 2022

Post by chocolite »

Good afternoon all. I've submitted my writing for the day. I'm on Day 22 of 30 and scene 25 of 52 for my writing challenges. Time marches on. I did get some stories posted on my blog the other day as well.

It's 96 and feels like 103. And the air quality is not good. Glad I don't have to go anywhere today.
Patty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I wandered from around 4:30 to 5:00 am when I finally got out of bed. I read a lot of news articles and looked at Twitter. I follow a lot of dog and cat accounts and it's always so fun to hear them "speak" through their humans. I went back to bed about 9:30 until 11:00 am.

While I was up early, I got my big pot of baked beans started. I had soaked the beans overnight and then cooked them. A little close to an hour ago, I got the molasses, brown sugar and other ingredient mixed in and popped them in the oven. They'll be good to go for about 3:00 and I will have them for supper tonight. I am going to Safeway as they have bags of Coleslaw mix for $2.00. I'll make that up and have that with my beans.

We have a Brandon Mutual Aid Society facebook page where people can post what they need or are looking for and wanting. Someone posted that they needed some Swiffer pads and I have a couple of boxes that have been sitting around since my Swiffer broke. I moved on to a floor cleaner and a mop. I was hoping the person that contacted me would contact me by by now so I could meet up with them to deliver them. I thought I'd meet up with them instead of them having to try and find parking and all that jazz at my apartment. It isn't that difficult if I explain it but since I want to go to Safeway anyhoo, I thought it would work out. Still waiting on them though. If I haven't heard from them by 3 when the beans are done? Then I'm heading out to get my little trip to Safeway in and drop a few bucks worth of gas in the van.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

So Happy. Got ac fixed for around 50$ instead of 100s
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

itspennyc wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:46 am Since Florida cat lover just had surgery. Others may also need the information.

While I was dealing with the washer saga, my daughter found a pick up and delivery laundry service.

I can highly recommend “HappyNest” I used it 3 times. You can choose from a selection of detergents, fabric softeners, using white vinegar instead of fabric softener.

They do include All Free Clear as detergent, and their fabric softener or no fabric softener.

The website is: happynest.com

Penny
That's a great service to have when you need it.

We don't have pick-up/drop off service in my area. I believe they operate in the larger cities as it's not profitable in the suburbs. There are two laundry services within a quarter mile in either direction of my place, but you have to get the laundry there and pick it up yourself.
Last edited by LogicsHere on Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I will look up this as well. We are in a suburb and we have three or four "fluff and fold" options. Logic, you may want to look that up instead of laundry delivery. Before I got my washing machine I was alternating this option with my twenty minute drive to and from my kid. They had a price per pound. I loved it becasue everythign came back folded and I hate doing laundry.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Update.

Speaking of management I probably have not managed my time the best today. Went out for grilled chese lunch, came home and then need to go out again at three or so to pick up my groceries and buy a bunch of interfacting.

Trying to get some kind of schedule going here.

I actually have a craft fair on Sunday evening and don't feel like going and my daughter is joining me so I will do it. After that I think I will just do a few pop ups until the fall and list things online because I am concentrating more on my art.

I just did my daily hour of ten dollars plus earnings and now I am going to do a seated aerobic 45 minute thingie.. befor shopping. pickup. I am having breakfast for dinner as I did not have eggs this morning.

Tommorrow I will have sunscreen and plan my first day going to the pool between nine and ten for exercise.