Daily Check-in June 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in June 22, 2022

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up at 5 am this morning. I can’t really complain as I went to bed before 9 last night I just couldn’t stay up later. Yesterday was very stressful. I am very tired today.

My washer is scheduled to be delivered between 8 and noon today. I am relived as I feared late afternoon evening.

I couldn’t use my kitchen sink until yesterday afternoon. As they had to replace the caulking, when they installed the sink when the building was built they didn’t center the sink correctly. As a result one edge of the sink is at the edge of the counter top cutout. When the counter behind my sink dries I will put the canisters back. They are currently stacked in my dining area.

Other than the washer and the counter top I have finished cleaning I have no big plans for the day.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I am here at least another day. I slept really well last night for the first time here. Got up to eat breakfast in the chair.

Talked to my close friend who had been on the cruise. She is going to pickup some clothes at my house for when I do go home. Also she is going to do some things around my house. I don’t really want her to do much.

Called my cousins in RI to let them know. They sounded stunned. Texted friend on HOA board. We are on Facebook so she had seen my Copenhagen posts. Told her I was in the hospital and to use the July HOA check I thankfully had given her ahead of time. She said she’d help me. I’m most concerned about the large pile of held mail I’ll get on Monday. I adjusted the hold mail request to ask for them to deliver it to my door but I have the feeling that’s against usps policy. So she or another neighbor can get it for me hopefully.

No doctors or hospital people have been to see me so far this morning.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

good morning all

Another bright and sunny day. I slept pretty good - I was tired.

Thought about going to breakfast with the group - but the bed was too comfy.

I've had one cup of coffee and thinking about what I will do today. So far cat litter box is done.

Should do a load of laundry too.

Have a great day all.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Since Florida cat lover just had surgery. Others may also need the information.

While I was dealing with the washer saga, my daughter found a pick up and delivery laundry service.

I can highly recommend “HappyNest” I used it 3 times. You can choose from a selection of detergents, fabric softeners, using white vinegar instead of fabric softener.

They do include All Free Clear as detergent, and their fabric softener or no fabric softener.

The website is: happynest.com

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:46 am Since Florida cat lover just had surgery. Others may also need the information.

While I was dealing with the washer saga, my daughter found a pick up and delivery laundry service.

I can highly recommend “HappyNest” I used it 3 times. You can choose from a selection of detergents, fabric softeners, using white vinegar instead of fabric softener.

They do include All Free Clear as detergent, and their fabric softener or no fabric softener.

The website is: happynest.com

Penny
Thanks Penny. I looked them up and they are in my area and pick up on four days.
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good morning frugals,

The alarm dog showed some mercy and did not start carrying on until 6:15. The long days mean the sun is already out at 5 am and does not set until 8:15 pm. Makes for long days. No wonder it stays so hot. The A/C ran off and on most of the night and started up around 8 this morning. This is with keeping my thermostat at 78.

We are on day 2 of a weeks worth of triple digit weather. I really wish it had not happened the last week of the school year. It has been brutal. I wear a large brim hat, stay in the shade and drink lots of water. Our principal was out there most of the day so he experienced first hand how bad the weather is. We will have morning recess but I really hope he calls indoor lunch recess the rest of the week. Surprisingly enough I have handled being outdoors other than some discomfort. I make sure to follow all the precautions for extreme heat. On the plus side I have not suffered any allergies or aches and pains. Maybe there is something to be said for heat agreeing with us seniors.

Our new HVAC is working great and defintely worth the money I had to spend on it. As soon as that is paid off I have other expenses coming up; vet bill, yearly maintenance on my van, car tax, and probably something else I cannot remember.

I have almost three weeks of summer break so I have lots to get done. I'm not sure what my days and hours will be once school starts up again, I just know I do not want to work as many days this next year. And it will not be preschool. I will be returning to my yard duty job. A lot less stressful.

Well I'm off to pack my lunch. Stay cool everyone!