Daily Check-in June 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in June 23, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Chilly again here this morning, not like me to wear a sweater at home. The rain forecasted is gone, but it will remain cloudy and the temperature not expected to go above 70 degrees.

Surprised myself at my being able to get some pieces added to my puzzle rather quickly yesterday but I don't think that will be the case throughout. I can't remember when I've done a puzzle larger than 100 pieces LOL, so this 300 pc puzzle is definitely a challenge for me. Unfortunately it is also very colorful with small color groups so I think that will also slow me down.

I did get some reading done but never got to my web site. I try but I really don't know where to get started.

I've already finished with today's household tasks, reading both my newspaper and the newspaper where my sister lives and played some online games. I'm a bit hungry so I'm making myself a second cup of coffee and a slice of toast. I will have to pick up another loaf of bread today.

I'll probably do some more reading today and go through two more food ads and the two drugstore ads. The rest of the day will then be a whatever.

BTW, just in case anyone is interested Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Christmas in July programming starts tomorrow.

Well I'm off for now. Have a great day.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in June 23, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning Logics and everyone. It is cooler and overcast this morning. I am having a bit of a struggle to get moving but I still have plenty of time.

It was so brutally hot last night, even in my house that always stays cool, that I left the fan on low for the dogs. I don't like to sleep with any white noise but I did okay.

This is a 3-day work week for me - yayyyy!! Today will be busy. Off to get breakfast - hope you all have a good day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
It is low 60s right now. We are supposed to get into the mid 80s today. So I have the door open. I have no plans for after work. Probably a walk.

Otherwise, wash, rinse, repeat.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We are still with WIFI and MaxTV but once again the landline phone is still out. The people to fix it should arrive sometime between 8 and 12 this morning. Hopefully they can get it working, or I will need to contact the company that makes the phones and try a bit more trouble shooting. If that doesn't clear up the problem I will have to notify lots of people of a change in phone number and handout my cellphone one willy nilly and cancel the landline. Not a great deal of fun at all especially trying to get ready to leave in a week to be with a family I really do not enjoy being around (well a couple are okay and at least make an attempt to be family with me).

While waiting for the fixer I will get my jam started (still much too warm to make it after supper last night), sweep the floors, either freeze or make a dessert with the leftover rhubarb after jam making, and work on making all tidy in the sewing/craft room (means making some more labels and doing some more organizing). I may even try and get the yarn wreath hung. After whoever comes to fix our problem leaves I will probably clean a few shelves in the fridge, and see what food in there needs using up. I would like to bake some buns today, but feel that after making jam the house could be a tad difficult to cool down. Watering of pots and baskets needs doing as well, today is going to be very warm once again.

Then the remainder of the day will be spent knitting on the baby blanket, and planning for oldest DS's arrival a little earlier than expected. It seems the yearly get together the day after school ends at his place has kind of fallen through (he said the timing wasn't working out in a text) so I will need to check on the menu for next Thursday to see if it is necessary to make any changes. He will then drive with us in our vehicle to the family reunion.

So that is my day pretty much planned. When I will get out for a walk is anyone's guess but I should get lots of steps in just working around the house. I always find it amazing how many steps I can get in without even leaving the house or yard.

Supper tonight is going to be soup and sandwiches. Yes it will be warm, but soup is easy to make and will use a few items up in the fridge and freezer. It also won't heat up the house too badly.

Today I am grateful to hear the birds singing, to have the bird feeders filled, and my new place to hang the Hummingbird feeder as well.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Maggie, congrats on the raise!

It was a difficult, stressful night. Last night I found out about a test this morning (already finished) and couldn’t drink water after midnight. They are in and out for the I’ve antibiotics, blood and taking vitals. It is hard to sleep. This morning they put in a “mid line” (sort of an IV) to take the antibiotics at home. You can’t get it wet but can cover it. I don’t know when I’ll be able to take a shower.

I’m happy to be alive but feeling very stressed. I’m lucky to have amazing friends. Dutch friend texted me last night that she and her son even went to my house to water my outdoor plants. Friend who was on the cruise has my key and brought clothes for going home. She stripped my bed and washed my sheets. Religious neighbor of mom’s house visited. She has s lot of medical knowledge and we prayed. ( she told me of people in the neighborhood who can keep up mom’s lawn, too).

Still hoping I’ll go home today. I was such a brat to complain about my life “before.”

Love to you all my online friends.

P.S. Neither of my 2 GOP senators supported the modest gun bill. Disappointing.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. It's 8:59 a.m. in southeastern Tennessee and the temp has hit 80 degrees F. Forecast is for a high of 94 F. There's supposed to be rain bringing some relief this weekend.

I did not have much time to play with Dora Kitty this morning, although DS picked her up and carried her around. She let me do the same last night and we went on a little tour of the house. She's fine with me carrying her if the dogs are swarming around. Otherwise she wants to get down and explore.

My tea cup is empty and I've switched to ice water, so it's time to get back to work. Hope you all have a lovely and stay cool.
Mackie