Daily Check-in June 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check-in June 23, 2022

Post by LWolfT »

Hi!

Long time, no check-in. Work is very quiet, and tomorrow is the last day. So I can get back to my life, LOL!

After a week or so of aggravation, I finally have a working dryer and a working car. As for the dryer, a couple of You Tube tutorials and about $40 in parts got it going again. Fortunately I have drying racks, so I'd do small loads while we waited for parts to arrive.

The car was overheating. Dealer had it for two days and did nothing, so I took it back. Our trusted mechanic shut his business, so had to find a new one. The new one found the problem the same day and had it fixed within two days. Unfortunately, the cooling system was shot, so $$$$!! But given the supply issues/crazy prices of cars, I need to keep this one running a while longer.

Florida, I'm glad the doctors are looking after you ... infections are nothing to play around with. And it's hard to be sick, so don't worry about venting to us.

Mackie, congrats on Dora Kitty! She sounds like a sweetheart (and yes, torties do have an attitude.

Kitty, if you're reading, hugs to you. I wish you peace.

Clem, dear, I'm sorry to hear your sibling isn't doing well. Maybe it's time to call one of your sibling's children and tell them it's their turn to go to the ER?

Jackie, if you have to give up the landline, consider getting a Google Voice number to give out. It can ring through your cell phone, and I believe you can use the app to call out. Or maybe get an inexpensive cell phone and cell plan to use as a house phone and port your current home number to that.

I have likely missed someone ... apologies. Anyway, back to work.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:10 am I was going to do laundry today but plans have changed

Ill sibling back in the ER. Second time this week now.

I'm waiting for a ride. My car is overheating and the COD is not here.

Other sibling had taken her to an appointment and said she was not doing well at all

Will see how it goes
You have your hands full, Clem, and I’m sure feel stressed . (((Hugs)))
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:45 am You have your hands full, Clem, and I’m sure feel stressed . (((Hugs)))
I thought my sister that took her was by herself, but her daughter is there also. So I'm not in a hurry now.

Also ill siblings daughter is checking into a flight home.

I called the son and told him and I guess he is in phone contact with his mom.

This will speed up the assisted living decision.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:10 am I was going to do laundry today but plans have changed

Ill sibling back in the ER. Second time this week now.

I'm waiting for a ride. My car is overheating and the COD is not here.

Other sibling had taken her to an appointment and said she was not doing well at all

Will see how it goes
Sorry to hear your sister not doing as well as was expected. Sending a prayer out on behalf of your family.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Florida, I am glad to see they are doing good follow up on you, so the infection doesnt return and the home health will probably show you how to put a dressing on the midline. I have never thought of you as a complaienr on that some politics which we all do.

Clem, I am sorry to hear about your sis. but maybe this will bring home to her kids that this hospital and home and hospital and home are not sustainable.

I love all your kitty stories even though I am not a cat person, lol.

Penny, glad to hear you are back in your routine!!

Went to my first morning at the pool. I will try and go as many mornings as I can because I love water exercise, and consider if the expense of the natatorium is worth it the rest of the year. It was 88 degress at the time and I did not burn without coverage, but I got my base coat and now will do at least spf 50 forward. I have good skin that doesnt burn, however I do have one tag on my cheek that comes and get frozen off and then comes backand it is time for it to be removed.

Now that the exercise and shower is done the rest of the day will include a little earnings time, and plenty of sewing with some knitting in bed. I have a load a clothes in the washer than needs to be thrown in the dryer and I need to fill the washer even if I don't turn it on until tomorrow.

I also need to think on dinner and menus as i need to cook. I have tuna casserole, chicken pot pie in the slow cooker, brisket burgers and swedish meatballs in the to be cooked and probably frozen roatation. I'm tempted to do the brisket burgers tonight but we shall see. Maybe one for lunch and then the chicken pot pie thrown into the slow cooker for four hours.

Trying to come up with some ideas for our vacation bible school for seniors and fall bazaar so also may need to go down the pinterest rabbit hole!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LogicsHere wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:08 pm Sorry to hear your sister not doing as well as was expected. Sending a prayer out on behalf of your family.
thank you.