Daily Check-in June 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in June 23, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

Thankfully my sister is not alone at the ER. The one that took the ill sister. She was just taking her to an appointment, when she decided she needed help fast.

Anyway looks like her (the transporter's) daughter is there with her.

Ill siblings son should be there also. I was waiting for ill siblings DIL to come get me.

I also thought this would have been the perfect time to check out our transport system - the van goes right by here. And they drop you off at the hospital.

Might do it one day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, I am so sorry to hear that your sister is back in the ER. But maybe this will get her children involved and they will realize how unsafe it is for their mom in her home.

Penny, it is wonderful to hear that you are using your own washer again!

LWolfT, we are on the "fix it as it limps" stage with DH's car and, lordy, it is an expensive way to go. But there are no cars to buy right now, so you do what you gotta do.

I popped out at lunch to pick up my new glasses. They cost the earth, but they are so nice and I can see so much better. I hope the daily headache goes away now. One thing there does not seem to be a shortage of is asphalt, because there is road work being done all over town. It took me 35 minutes to drive to the eye doc's office. It was a bit faster coming back, but I still ran 15 minutes over on lunch.

It's so hot it took almost all of that 35 minutes for my car to cool off inside. Some clever cosmetics company needs to create a makeup that keeps your face from looking red with temperature changes, sort of a temperature responsive foundation. I'm sure it would cost a fortune, what with climate change. :-D
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:47 pm Clem, I am so sorry to hear that your sister is back in the ER. But maybe this will get her children involved and they will realize how unsafe it is for their mom in her home.

Penny, it is wonderful to hear that you are using your own washer again!

LWolfT, we are on the "fix it as it limps" stage with DH's car and, lordy, it is an expensive way to go. But there are no cars to buy right now, so you do what you gotta do.

I popped out at lunch to pick up my new glasses. They cost the earth, but they are so nice and I can see so much better. I hope the daily headache goes away now. One thing there does not seem to be a shortage of is asphalt, because there is road work being done all over town. It took me 35 minutes to drive to the eye doc's office. It was a bit faster coming back, but I still ran 15 minutes over on lunch.

It's so hot it took almost all of that 35 minutes for my car to cool off inside. Some clever cosmetics company needs to create a makeup that keeps your face from looking red.
She's home already - that was fast. They found nothing wrong with her. She was on Xanax when she was in the big city hospital - so seems like anxiety attacks. She starts thinking about things.

So we are going to have to make daily visits. My niece said they are going to take turns spending the night there. And so far they have found that she could probably move to assisted living by the end of next week.

My brothers are all going to be here next week to load up and move furniture she needs - her hospital bed and her lift recliner for example. Team effort!!
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Logics, I wish so much that I had some of your chill. It’s another scorcher here today. It’s not as big a deal since I don’t leave the house most days, but if I did it would be bad. Our air quality gets bad when pressure systems just sit on top of us for days on end, and my sinuses pay the price.

Florida, hang in there. I’m praying you get to go home soon and have a good recovery. Reading your posts reminds me of my MRSA ‘nightmare’ and recovery. I came home with a PICC line and DH gave me daily antibiotic infusions for six weeks, although I could have done them myself if I had to. The home health nurse came by once a week just to check on my progress. I think yours will be a much better scenario. You are strong and have friends around you, which is a blessing for sure. As for your senators’ lack of support for the gun safety bill, yes it is disappointing, but not surprising. My TN senators also did not support it. I would have been completely and pleasantly shocked if they had.

Clem, I’m sorry about your sister. Add me to those who are sending prayers for her. So glad the family is getting involved.

It’s another quiet day around here. DH just came out of his study and said he’s off on Tuesday, so we’re doing another movie date! This time to see Top Gun. We will go to a different movie theater that has the reclining seats/footrests for this one.

I’m making spaghetti for supper, at least, that’s the plan. I’ve got a class at 2pm on writing “the middle of the middle” of my book. I can’t believe I’m halfway finished with the rough draft. It’s exciting and overwhelming at times. Anyway, depending on how I feel after the class I will make spaghetti. If I’m not up to it, I’ll do it tomorrow and we’ll have something quick and easy out of the freezer/pantry for tonight. I like keeping my options open.
Patty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I was wandering around the house again last night. I did go back to bed and get up at 8 but had to go back to bed. I was still so tired I couldn't see straight! I got up again at 10.

I spent the rest of the morning talking on FB Messenger to my little sister and a friend who was bored at work. My sister found me the Burda Dachshund Pattern that I have been ardently searching for since 1997!! I made a set of these dachshunds for my Doctor's kids when I lived in Peterborough, ON. When I moved back to Brandon, I loaned the pattern to a friend so they could use it to make some for their first grandchild. When I asked for it back? They swore they never had it and I doubt they even looked! UGH! So, all these years I have been searching facebook, eBay and Etsy. I finally found it on eBay and Ellen bought it for me! It came with two other patterns to make geese and sheep. All three patterns are brand new and burda patterns. The Dachshund pattern is great! It is a family of dachshunds and you can make the puppies snap on to Mum as if they are nursing. I didn't do that when I made them though. I did mix and match all the fabrics on the Mom, Dad and baby dachshunds for a genetic mix on all of them. My doc really liked that touch! I remember I took them to him in a animal carrying cardboard box they sold at the pet store. It's one of the best gifts I've given. Now? To get this place together enough that I feel I can make a mess again while sewing!! I'd like to make a set for Ellen (the sis who sent the patterns) for her grandson. I wouldn't stuff them though as just mailing them stuffed would cost a fortune! It cost her over $15 to send THREE PATTERNS!! That's craziness.

I am watching the hearings again this afternoon. This evening it is time to do laundry again. I was to be babysitting my lovely little Franki Boi and his cat, Cocoa, tomorrow but because his Grandma is in Palliative care, they had to call the trip off. So, I'll miss out on my puppy cuddles and his silliness. It's depressing but I defintely understand.

Yesterday, on our Mutual Aid Society Brandon Facebook Page, a girl was looking for a sewing machine she could borrow. I did her one better! A "friend" dumped her sewing machine here over 10 years ago for me to check to see if it worked. I never did check it and it's sat in my closet taking up space all that time. I GAVE it to her. I said I didn't know if it worked but because it was a Singer, she could get it all fixed up for less than $100 at our Singer Sewing Center. It was a portable but weighed at least 40 pounds. It had to be from the 1960s. It only had straight stitch and zig zag. She is getting into making First Nations Regalia and was wanting to make her first ever Jingle Dress. Her partner came and picked it up. He siad, "Yup, has to weigh around 40 pounds!" HE got it running for her and she cleaned it all up. BOY does it ever look nice!! Now I'm kinda sad I let it go but that's just my sewing machine envy! I already have two of my own at home. She posted a video of how it looks and runs. Looks great!! I don't know who was happier, her or me!! So great to get it to someone who will make use of it. As for the "friend?" I don't even know if they live in town anymore!

My big pot of baked beans i made yesterday turned out really nicely. I packaged up 5 containers of two servings each for the freezer. I'm working on what my next big cook will be. Supper tonight will be fried potatoes and eggs.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

chocolite wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:26 pm Logics, I wish so much that I had some of your chill. It’s another scorcher here today. It’s not as big a deal since I don’t leave the house most days, but if I did it would be bad. Our air quality gets bad when pressure systems just sit on top of us for days on end, and my sinuses pay the price.

Florida, hang in there. I’m praying you get to go home soon and have a good recovery. Reading your posts reminds me of my MRSA ‘nightmare’ and recovery. I came home with a PICC line and DH gave me daily antibiotic infusions for six weeks, although I could have done them myself if I had to. The home health nurse came by once a week just to check on my progress. I think yours will be a much better scenario. You are strong and have friends around you, which is a blessing for sure. As for your senators’ lack of support for the gun safety bill, yes it is disappointing, but not surprising. My TN senators also did not support it. I would have been completely and pleasantly shocked if they had.

Clem, I’m sorry about your sister. Add me to those who are sending prayers for her. So glad the family is getting involved.

It’s another quiet day around here. DH just came out of his study and said he’s off on Tuesday, so we’re doing another movie date! This time to see Top Gun. We will go to a different movie theater that has the reclining seats/footrests for this one.

I’m making spaghetti for supper, at least, that’s the plan. I’ve got a class at 2pm on writing “the middle of the middle” of my book. I can’t believe I’m halfway finished with the rough draft. It’s exciting and overwhelming at times. Anyway, depending on how I feel after the class I will make spaghetti. If I’m not up to it, I’ll do it tomorrow and we’ll have something quick and easy out of the freezer/pantry for tonight. I like keeping my options open.
Patty, from the beginning of this ordeal I have thought about your MRSA nightmare. You are the strong one, 6 weeks of antibiotics.

I’m glad that you have some fun things in your life, your writing and movie dates. Personally I can’t wait to get back to my puzzles.