Daily Check-in June 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in June 23, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat (((HUGS))). Honestly, hon, if you complained, I never noticed it. We all gripe a bit about minor inconveniences. Are you going to have to come back to the hospital for daily infusions, or is that going to be done by home health?

My SIL's brother had a very weird thing happen to him several years ago: he got very sick, was hospitalized, and it turned out he had a ball of fungus growing in his lung. He's a cabinetry carpenter and was probably exposed to something while doing kitchen demolitions. He was in the hospital on IV medication for quite a while (he lost 50 pounds) and then had to go daily to the hospital for some weeks for an infusion.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have the bottom sheet on the bed, the sheets are in the washer. I figured out the settings I wanted. I set it on bedding.

Next is my denim dress wash, I need to cut off the buttons off of one denim dress that is worn out. I have another dress that I think it too big so it will will go too.

The other wash loads will be full loads in another day or two.

Now to work on getting into my normal routine again. I like that it tells me how much time is left on the cycle.

When I had to move things to remove the lime deposits behind my sink where I keep my canisters. I have pitched several small items.

I am working on my giveaways, including a couple of glass measuring cups. One is not borosilicate glass, So it will go.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:40 am FloridaCat (((HUGS))). Honestly, hon, if you complained, I never noticed it. We all gripe a bit about minor inconveniences. Are you going to have to come back to the hospital for daily infusions, or is that going to be done by home health?

My SIL's brother had a very weird thing happen to him several years ago: he got very sick, was hospitalized, and it turned out he had a ball of fungus growing in his lung. He's a cabinetry carpenter and was probably exposed to something while doing kitchen demolitions. He was in the hospital on IV medication for quite a while (he lost 50 pounds) and then had to go daily to the hospital for some weeks for an infusion.
The home health will come to my house. It will be 10-11 days. I just got more answers from the patient coordinator than anyone else. The infection is out of my blood but the extra antibiotics will be a protection.

I won’t go home until the weekend. They are waiting for my liver levels to come down and they are coming down. They went up because of the first antibiotic they gave me.

You always have kind words not just for me but everyone Mackie.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I'm glad they are doing the extra coverage of the home antibiotics, FloridaCat. That ought to keep you from rebounding back into the hospital. And you will certainly sleep a lot better in your own bed.

There may be some kind of waterproof dressing you can put over the midline. If the patient coordinator doesn't know, the home health nurses will.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:15 am
It was a difficult, stressful night. Last night I found out about a test this morning (already finished) and couldn’t drink water after midnight. They are in and out for the I’ve antibiotics, blood and taking vitals. It is hard to sleep. This morning they put in a “mid line” (sort of an IV) to take the antibiotics at home. You can’t get it wet but can cover it. I don’t know when I’ll be able to take a shower.

I’m happy to be alive but feeling very stressed. I’m lucky to have amazing friends. Dutch friend texted me last night that she and her son even went to my house to water my outdoor plants. Friend who was on the cruise has my key and brought clothes for going home. She stripped my bed and washed my sheets. Religious neighbor of mom’s house visited. She has s lot of medical knowledge and we prayed. ( she told me of people in the neighborhood who can keep up mom’s lawn, too).

Still hoping I’ll go home today. I was such a brat to complain about my life “before.”

Love to you all my online friends.

P.S. Neither of my 2 GOP senators supported the modest gun bill. Disappointing.
Life definitely has a way of giving us a new perspective, direction and appreciation.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I was going to do laundry today but plans have changed

Ill sibling back in the ER. Second time this week now.

I'm waiting for a ride. My car is overheating and the COD is not here.

Other sibling had taken her to an appointment and said she was not doing well at all

Will see how it goes