COVID !!! ( so far DH and I are fine)

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal2

COVID !!! ( so far DH and I are fine)

Post by icfrugal2 »

Good grief, COVID, as many of us know is everywhere.

My friend is getting work done in her house, she was just told that a couple of the workers have tested for COVID,

They were NOT wearing masks, it was hot and she didn't press the masks.

She and her DH and brother, (they share a home) are in their 70's, her brother is in bad health.

DH and I were at Kaiser and were in the elevator when 2 men wanted to join us, I said NO, and offered to get off so that they could get on.

The one guy, made 'fun" of me, I don't remember the words, so DH and I got off and they got on. DH uses a walker and looks very frail, (my friends and family tell me that)

I hope that they are ashamed of themselves.

I won't take any more chances with DH than I have to.

The one guy, (I overheard when He was registering is there for some tests, he has a friend with him to drive him home, you have to prove that your ride is there. ) The friend had to be told to get a mask on.

In walking the dogs the other day, a person who usually pets Sophie, I asked her why she didn't pet her, she said that she tested positive for COVID that morning.

She did keep her distance, but wasn't wearing a mask !!!

My mask is on when I am out of my home.

AAAAAAAAAUGGGGGG

are you seeing things like this where you are?

IC
clemencia2us

Re: COVID !!! ( so far DH and I are fine)

Post by clemencia2us »

My nephew and his wife tested positive the other day. They live in Fort Worth. His wife works at a school and thinks she got it from there. A couple of their boys are not feeling well. Not sure if they are positive.

My sisters boss had it. He is negative now. But then her husband's co-worker had it - so they have been testing daily.

It is crazy. We have been at the hospital a couple of days with a sibling and we have to wear masks there.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I think it is spreading farther and faster than we are being told in either of our countries. I also think lots of people don't let anyone even know they have it. Two anti-whatevers had it here and if they hadn't had a birthday party for the sister I doubt very much would have let anyone know.

From what I have read the next two variants of Omicron are even more catching and more virulent.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I see some cases. But I know of literally no one (and I get our county department of health info) who has had to be hospitalized because of Covid as such if they have had all four shots. Even those in bad health.

I know many of you feel differently and many of you live in areas with different outbreaks. We have low numbers here and only a small percentage wear masks. I am basically back to the norm, I will be a little more concerned in the fall when schools return to full capacity and flu season is in full (honestly the flu scares me just as much).
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

I have seen more masks in the past month than I had in a while. I have read that the current variants are more contagious, but less likely to put people in the hospital.

I am not likely to wear a mask unless I am going to a medical facility. I have not felt unsafe. A girlfriend of mine is recovering from a bout. Of course I still work at home. I work hard at going to the grocery store at less busy times and subtly keep my distance. At Church we can usually spread out. Odd is that the Archdiocese brought back the Communion cup.

I still wash my hands frequently and try not to touch my face and watch where I put my hands.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I have noticed fewer people wearing masks around here, even when we went to Walmart last weekend. Maybe only people not vaccinated are wearing them - who knows? Our county has 112 new positive cases (reported) last week, 3 people hospitalized.

Less than half our our county population is vaccinated - 52,267 out of over 98,000 people. We had a big picnic at work yesterday - I had to make an appearance - and I didn't like it. Masked and kept a polite distance from the few people I interacted with.

It is frightening, IC and you are not wrong to be concerned. I hope you stay well.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz