COVID !!! ( so far DH and I are fine)

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
delighted99

Re: COVID !!! ( so far DH and I are fine)

Post by delighted99 »

My area has over 700 cases a day and there are a few million people. Of course not all cases are recorded anymore because of the at-home testing.

I keep masking up. Even though I am vaccinated/boosted why get sick if I don't have to. For me it is a super easy thing to do and has become a well-trained habit.

My FIL had COVID not that long ago. He recovered well. Had all vaccines/boosters available to him.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

delighted99 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:55 pm My area has over 700 cases a day and there are a few million people. Of course not all cases are recorded anymore because of the at-home testing.

I keep masking up. Even though I am vaccinated/boosted why get sick if I don't have to. For me it is a super easy thing to do and has become a well-trained habit.

My FIL had COVID not that long ago. He recovered well. Had all vaccines/boosters available to him.
wow - that is a lot of cases!!!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Several more people who work for my employer have just tested positive - yuck. I only work directly with one of them and am not considered a "close contact" - thank goodness.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

icfrugal2 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:22 pm Good grief, COVID, as many of us know is everywhere.

My friend is getting work done in her house, she was just told that a couple of the workers have tested for COVID,

They were NOT wearing masks, it was hot and she didn't press the masks.

She and her DH and brother, (they share a home) are in their 70's, her brother is in bad health.

DH and I were at Kaiser and were in the elevator when 2 men wanted to join us, I said NO, and offered to get off so that they could get on.

The one guy, made 'fun" of me, I don't remember the words, so DH and I got off and they got on. DH uses a walker and looks very frail, (my friends and family tell me that)

I hope that they are ashamed of themselves.

I won't take any more chances with DH than I have to.

The one guy, (I overheard when He was registering is there for some tests, he has a friend with him to drive him home, you have to prove that your ride is there. ) The friend had to be told to get a mask on.

In walking the dogs the other day, a person who usually pets Sophie, I asked her why she didn't pet her, she said that she tested positive for COVID that morning.

She did keep her distance, but wasn't wearing a mask !!!

My mask is on when I am out of my home.

AAAAAAAAAUGGGGGG

are you seeing things like this where you are?

IC
I tested positive for the second time last Friday. I'm fully vaxxed and boosted, wear a mask and go only when/where necessary. This time I'm nearly asymptomatic and tested because of a sudden need to have multiple bathroom sessions daily and a sore throat (which I didn't have the first time -- plus there's another case at the newspapers -- my son is also fully vaxxed and boosted). The first time I had never been so sick in my life. This time it's a bit tired, occasional dry cough, sore throat and headache. No temperature.
Carol V

Post by Carol V »

My daughter called me yesterday after returning from a long weekend road trip with two other couples...all related...and four of the six came home with Covid. They all still refuse to get vaxxed. DD says why bother when people who are, supposedly, well protected are still getting it. Like me, I guess. I told her that while that might be true it is, at least, not nearly as bad as it could be. When I tested positive I never had even one symptom, except I wanted to constantly nap! And I did. DD and her husband both got it this time and it's her second time. My younger DD has also had it and won't get vaxxed. What is wrong with my family?? Even siblings, nieces and nephews won't. Niece who lives with me did. My son did also but he's got a laundry list of health issues to worry about so I'm glad he did. Younger DD's ex husband died unexpectadly yesterday morning, possibly Covid related. Waiting on autopsy report.
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

Carol V wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:44 pm My daughter called me yesterday after returning from a long weekend road trip with two other couples...all related...and four of the six came home with Covid. They all still refuse to get vaxxed. DD says why bother when people who are, supposedly, well protected are still getting it. Like me, I guess. I told her that while that might be true it is, at least, not nearly as bad as it could be. When I tested positive I never had even one symptom, except I wanted to constantly nap! And I did. DD and her husband both got it this time and it's her second time. My younger DD has also had it and won't get vaxxed. What is wrong with my family?? Even siblings, nieces and nephews won't. Niece who lives with me did. My son did also but he's got a laundry list of health issues to worry about so I'm glad he did. Younger DD's ex husband died unexpectadly yesterday morning, possibly Covid related. Waiting on autopsy report.
I'm so sorry to hear about your ex SIL

IC