COVID !!! ( so far DH and I are fine)

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: COVID !!! ( so far DH and I are fine)

Post by mbrudnic »

Our local newspaper published Vaccination rates by County and by zip code. While the county is at 60%, the zipcodes I frequent were much higher. The county rates are skewed by a poorer, mostly minority areas. I wish we could overcome the resistance. But I do not blame those populations for their mis-trust.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Virtually no one in Denmark wears masks. Fully vaccinated are 82.2%. I believe that most Danes trust their government.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:53 am Virtually no one in Denmark wears masks. Fully vaccinated are 82.2%. I believe that most Danes trust their government.
I do hope you wore your mask Floridacat as according to the latest CDC bulletin on travel, Denmark has a high case of perhaps being able to catch Covid.

The bulletin is dated on the 12th of June and I collected this off Hubby's continued tracking of the virus (he sometimes adds CDC and WHO info to his charts).

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-3/coronavirus-denmark
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

My province is about 77% fully vaccinated (that includes the 2nd booster) and is slowly creeping up. However there are those who refuse to get vaccinated, refuse to wear a mask, and just plain don't care about anyone but themselves and their discomfort..... We have pockets of this type of person all over the province which makes things a bit difficult for those of us that follow guidelines. I wear my mask in most stores, and try and keep my distance, still there are those that seem to like to get up close and personal when shopping. I also carry wipes and hand sanitizer in my purse, call me strange but it makes me feel a bit safer in what is becoming a Petri dish of various viruses and bacteria.

Considering we now have a nut case (or at least a man who plays to his base) running for leader of the Conservative party here who wants to get rid of all vaccine mandates (hello resurgence of polio, typhus, tetanus, and other such diseases), I think us sane Canadians better continue wearing masks and taking precautions.

No cup here yet at Mass, and I rather doubt we will have it installed again for awhile as the population is aging and so are church goers.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:16 am I do hope you wore your mask Floridacat as according to the latest CDC bulletin on travel, Denmark has a high case of perhaps being able to catch Covid.

The bulletin is dated on the 12th of June and I collected this off Hubby's continued tracking of the virus (he sometimes adds CDC and WHO info to his charts).

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-3/coronavirus-denmark
I wore my mask on the flight over there. Did not wear a mask while there. Did not wear a mask on flight home. I was so sick. Took PCR test at hospital. No I was careless but do not feel bad about it.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I think we all have to do what makes us comfortable where we are and where we live and so on.

In my case I would wear a mask on the plane and not when I was doing the tourist thing. I only wear mine in medical settings where it is required. While I'm not a fan of abbot as such at least in my area we are in a good place.

We have the cup, but I only take the bread and honestly I may never return to the communal cup.