COVID !!! ( so far DH and I are fine)

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

Re: COVID !!! ( so far DH and I are fine)

Post by Sandy »

Carol V wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:44 pm My daughter called me yesterday after returning from a long weekend road trip with two other couples...all related...and four of the six came home with Covid. They all still refuse to get vaxxed. DD says why bother when people who are, supposedly, well protected are still getting it. Like me, I guess. I told her that while that might be true it is, at least, not nearly as bad as it could be. When I tested positive I never had even one symptom, except I wanted to constantly nap! And I did. DD and her husband both got it this time and it's her second time. My younger DD has also had it and won't get vaxxed. What is wrong with my family?? Even siblings, nieces and nephews won't. Niece who lives with me did. My son did also but he's got a laundry list of health issues to worry about so I'm glad he did. Younger DD's ex husband died unexpectadly yesterday morning, possibly Covid related. Waiting on autopsy report.
No one at my son's office except my son is vaxxed.
Carol V

Post by Carol V »

icfrugal2 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:25 pm I'm so sorry to hear about your ex SIL

IC
Thanks but in all honesty he isn't going to be missed much. He was not a nice human being and a god awful husband and father. My granddaughter is the only one who will truly mourn him because they have been attached at the hip since the day she was born. She is 25 and will be totally lost without her dad. She is with her mom and brothers right now but I know that poor girl is going to need some good therapy.
Carol V

Post by Carol V »

Sandy wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:04 pm No one at my son's office except my son is vaxxed.
I can't believe how nonchalant people can be about their health.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Carol V wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:32 pm I can't believe how nonchalant people can be about their health.
You should see them when you're in line, for example, at the pharmacy. They aren't wearing a mask, the heat index is 110 and they crowd in close enough to kiss you, especially on the first of the month when retired folks generally get paid.
Carol V

Post by Carol V »

Sandy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:23 pm You should see them when you're in line, for example, at the pharmacy. They aren't wearing a mask, the heat index is 110 and they crowd in close enough to kiss you, especially on the first of the month when retired folks generally get paid.
People think I'm nuts but I haven't been away from my house for over a year now. June 8th last year was the last time. I do NOT trust the general public and even with all that I still managed to test positive for Covid. Hard to avoid, I guess, when others in the home are out and about amongst the idiots. I ordered four more test kits and, for some reason, they sent me two sets! So I now have 8. Hmmmm, maybe I'll sell them on the 'black market'. LOL
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Carol V wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:51 pm People think I'm nuts but I haven't been away from my house for over a year now. June 8th last year was the last time. I do NOT trust the general public and even with all that I still managed to test positive for Covid. Hard to avoid, I guess, when others in the home are out and about amongst the idiots. I ordered four more test kits and, for some reason, they sent me two sets! So I now have 8. Hmmmm, maybe I'll sell them on the 'black market'. LOL
I think everyone got 8 tests this time. I know we did.