Daily Check-in June 24, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check-in June 24, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I was up at 4 am and listened to a very interesting show on race in the USA. It was on from 4 am until 5 am. It discussed some weird things white people do. There are actually WHITE people pretending to be black so they can get positions. TWO of the women they featured in the discussion had academic jobs teaching African American History. The jobs had been set aside for African Americans. One of the Women's cases was actually kind of well known. She was outed by her blond German parents. They were extremely religious and were very angry with how she had left that kind of extremisn behind. BUT the other kicker was she was the Chair of the NAACP in Seattle! The other woman had obtained a job at the University of Wisonsin-MAdison in the African American Studies Department, a job she wasn't qualified to hold as a white person according to the job description set out. Very strange but the one thing these two women had in common was always proclaiming their "oppression" as if that is the only thing about African American life in the USA. The one in Wisconsin also took on an affected speech pattern that she felt was more indicative of the black race and would use terms like, "Well, in THE HOOD. . ." and stuff that was particularly viewed by others as racist in content and context. It was an interesting hour even if it was in the middle of the night!

I finally got out of bed a little after 5 am. I watched some TV for a while, talked to a friend who was also up very early on fb and then went back to bed for an hour at 10. NOW, I can start the day!

I will finish up my laundry today and might get around to getting the kitchen and front hall floors done. I also need to take care of my plants. Some could use some pruning and even sprouting new plants!

Last night, as I went to bed, a big Super Cell storm warning came over Facebook. YIKES! I went to bed at 10 and the CBC shows I was trying to listen to were constantly being interrupted by the weather alarm going off and adding new watches and warning to various areas. We didn't have the thunderstorms predicted but we did get rain. About an hour north of here, they had a bad storm. I'm sure it will be posted on the newspaper site and other FB posts today.

Well, still being frugal. No money out of pocket aside from my groceries and gas on Wednesday. Nothing going out for the rest of the weekend.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I got off work at noon today due to working through lunch a couple of days. A chair fell off a furniture cart this morning and hit my hand, which is now all bruised up. My lovely summer boss looked at it and we both decided it would be okay. It's not too sore, although really purple.

I had some leftovers for lunch and made a pan of baked oatmeal. The price of cereal these days makes baked oatmeal a better choice.

My laundry is sloshing around in the washer and the grocery list is about half finished. Dora Kitty had a couple of hours with the pet gate down. She was fine with the younger dogs. The oldest one pays her no attention, but there's a good possibility she can't really see the cat or mistakes her for the other cat.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m going home tomorrow 🎉 It will be evening, after my second treatment. The home health agency can’t start until Sunday.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Florida good to hear you are on the way home soon.

Got only minimal sewing done today with all my carrying on and such, but I did get alot of prep like sewing interfacing onto fabric squares and so on.

Now to get up and walk while I pickup the house and maybe do a 20 minute seated something. It's 102 so while I may sit on the patio and sock up some sun indirectly for awhile an outside walk is SOOOO not going to happen.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:31 pm I’m going home tomorrow 🎉 It will be evening, after my second treatment. The home health agency can’t start until Sunday.
That is just great. A person always heals better at home.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:31 pm I’m going home tomorrow 🎉 It will be evening, after my second treatment. The home health agency can’t start until Sunday.
looks like they are taking real good care of you!