Daily Check-in June 24, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check-in June 24, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Had been thinking for a while (before stock market took its dive bomb) that I would reupholster my sofa. Well I went out this morning and priced it and I would have fallen out of the chair had it not had arms. Labor alone was $2250 and she said the fabric at the minimum would be another $1500 for a total of over $4000 after tax. NOPE, NOPE and NOPE.

Trying to find furniture that I can sit on without my legs hanging in the air isn't easy and with deliveries anywhere from 4 months and up, a new one right now is out of the question.

And if I did choose a new one, I'd have to spend about $400 or more just to have the old one taken away so it would end up being around $2000.

Oh well.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

LogicsHere wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:31 am Had been thinking for a while (before stock market took its dive bomb) that I would reupholster my sofa. Well I went out this morning and priced it and I would have fallen out of the chair had it not had arms. Labor alone was $2250 and she said the fabric at the minimum would be another $1500 for a total of over $4000 after tax. NOPE, NOPE and NOPE.

Trying to find furniture that I can sit on without my legs hanging in the air isn't easy and with deliveries anywhere from 4 months and up, a new one right now is out of the question.

And if I did choose a new one, I'd have to spend about $400 or more just to have the old one taken away so it would end up being around $2000.

Oh well.
Wow Logics...those prices are crazy!!!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Still in the hospital waiting for my liver numbers to go down. (I told them I don’t drink haha). Probably will go home this weekend sometime. I’m Ok with it.

The urinary doctor came by. He thinks my kidney is not functioning (other one is OK) but he will do another scan a few weeks after I get out of the hospital.

Feeling a bit lonely and texted my Starbucks friend. She visited yesterday and will visit today. She lives within walking distance of the hospital but it is too hot (108 F feels like today which is unusual for us). Yesterday she took Uber. Today I think her DH will give her a ride. Still not driving because of her wrist.

Another friend (not as close) called last night. She will bring dinner Monday night.

No family but I am blessed with my friends.

I watched some of the 1/6 hearing yesterday and enjoyed it. Some in the DOJ protected our democracy from the president trying to trample the Constitution for his own benefit.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, I hope your kidney is just hibernating and can recover. (((HUGS))) Your poor body has been through it.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:44 am Hello friends.

Still in the hospital waiting for my liver numbers to go down. (I told them I don’t drink haha). Probably will go home this weekend sometime. I’m Ok with it.

The urinary doctor came by. He thinks my kidney is not functioning (other one is OK) but he will do another scan a few weeks after I get out of the hospital.

Feeling a bit lonely and texted my Starbucks friend. She visited yesterday and will visit today. She lives within walking distance of the hospital but it is too hot (108 F feels like today which is unusual for us). Yesterday she took Uber. Today I think her DH will give her a ride. Still not driving because of her wrist.

Another friend (not as close) called last night. She will bring dinner Monday night.

No family but I am blessed with my friends.

I watched some of the 1/6 hearing yesterday and enjoyed it. Some in the DOJ protected our democracy from the president trying to trample the Constitution for his own benefit.
Sending you the best of luck with the liver and kidney issues; hoping they are just a result of a fluke in testing.
So sorry to see that your stay has been a lengthy one; being in a hospital is no fun. You are very lucky to have such a great support system. Not many singles do.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:29 pm Sending you the best of luck with the liver and kidney issues; hoping they are just a result of a fluke in testing.
So sorry to see that your stay has been a lengthy one; being in a hospital is no fun. You are very lucky to have such a great support system. Not many singles do.
Thank you, Logics!