Roe v Wade struck down

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
snowangel729

Re: Roe v Wade struck down

Post by snowangel729 »

Mrscreative wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:36 pm Please tell me - does this make the Plan B pill illegal as well?
The one that must be taken within 72 hours after your encounter.

There’s a lot of grey with abortions even though I personally don’t think I ever could have had one. Well past the age now where I have to worry. But what happens to the 12 year old girl who discovers she’s pregnant before even having her first period, and having been abused by a family member. What happens to the husband of a woman expecting a child, late in pregnancy but must decide if the mother or baby will live. The doctor tells him it’s impossible to save both. What happens to a woman raped, not using birth control because she and her partner are trying for another child (worse yet say the rapist is another race. So all of society might get in the act if they do decide as a couple to keep the child. I know my hubby and I were questioned if our children were biological. The woman was very persistent and he just smiled and told her they were both very much loved and taken care of, so why should it matter. She kept persisting so he finally replied- they’re both my girls biologically, through and through. The woman told him she had a hard time believing that because they didn’t look Asian enough!

Creative

It is still legal as of now, although there have been articles saying they may begin limiting that. I haven't seen anything official. My state is in the south and most politicians here are praising the change. In most cases that you listed it depends on the state and their laws regarding abortion but more than likely the not so safe abortion options will be used.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:30 am I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned this, but I have a personal connection with Justice Alito. I worked with and was friends with his wife Martha in DC. She was dating Sam but I never met him.

When he was nominated to the Supreme Court I got their address from a DC friend and I wrote to Martha. When I knew her, Martha was not political, much more interested in fashion. But when she wrote back to me she had become very bitter against Senate Democrats.

I knew he was very conservative but little did I think this would be a future turn of events.
Florida, I met Sam's sister Rosemary once, through my job. She is also a judge.
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

What has needed to happen for a LONG time, but never will, is for men who get women pregnant to be tracked via DNA if necessary, and FORCED to pay up. And if they cannot, then it's time for forced vasectomies. I'm sick of it all. Women don't get pregnant by themselves.
Patty
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

chocolite wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:08 pm What has needed to happen for a LONG time, but never will, is for men who get women pregnant to be tracked via DNA if necessary, and FORCED to pay up. And if they cannot, then it's time for forced vasectomies. I'm sick of it all. Women don't get pregnant by themselves.
I agree. From conception, ALL men should have their paychecks garnished for child support, EVEN IF it's the husband/partner of the woman. The money is transferred to the woman, and she can put that into their shared finances if she wants.

However, the #1 cause of death of pregnant women is murder. Almost always by the husband/boyfriend/partner/ex, and sometimes even the father of the woman. So immediately collecting child support might aggravate an already dangerous situation for her.
ohjodi
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

chocolite wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:08 pm What has needed to happen for a LONG time, but never will, is for men who get women pregnant to be tracked via DNA if necessary, and FORCED to pay up. And if they cannot, then it's time for forced vasectomies. I'm sick of it all. Women don't get pregnant by themselves.
And this is the same reason we do not have male Birth Control. Men can hide from the problem, therefore they have no incentive to tolerate side affects. all of the testers drop out.

And it does irk me that male lawmakers are making these laws. And Justice Thomas's comments - Well he and his wife could disappear as far as I am concerned.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:32 pm And this is the same reason we do not have male Birth Control. Men can hide from the problem, therefore they have no incentive to tolerate side affects. all of the testers drop out.

And it does irk me that male lawmakers are making these laws. And Justice Thomas's comments - Well he and his wife could disappear as far as I am concerned.
I feel the same way about Clarance Thomas. The guy is a scumbag. We knew that from what Anita Hill told the hearing when the GQP wanted to appoint him. We knew he was a creepy Scumbag. We just didn't know his wife is as creepy or worse. UGH!

Funny how when he mentioned all the laws not mentioned in the Constitution like birth control, who you can have sexual relations with and same sex marriage he left out inter-racial marriage which is also a right given by the Supreme Court with no precedence or "historical frame of reference" in the history of the USA. I hope the stupid fool gets caught in his own game.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.