Daily Check In June 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In June 25, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Another hot one today. No real plans. My parents have friends staying and i want to stop by and say hi. I need to shop for groceries also.

Another fun free concert last night. Danced a bit. Got in many steps.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Morning

Just a reminder that today is the 25th.

Ten to ten thirty to seven seems to be working for me eo I'll keep it. Last night I was in bed at eight with my legs up although not sleeping and that also works for me on nights with no plans I fins.

Today I plan to sew, get some indoor exercise in and put one meal in freezer containers and throw together a tuna casserole.

It's supposed to be 102 today but only 84 48ght now so I'm gonna spend some time on the patio while I can although not walk.

Florida that's a big chunk but thankfully the rest is covered. I imagine if you aren't comfortable with this agency you can call another but there is almost always a shortage of nurses and aides

Back later.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:15 am Hello friends.

I’ve already dealt with a post-hospital issue this morning. The home health agency will administer (at least in part) my antibiotics. But a separate special pharmacy is supplying the antibiotics themselves. They were supposed to deliver them tonight after I get home. But the guy called me around 8 am saying he was on his way. Of course no one is home. I called my neighbor at the end of the street and thankfully she was home and accepted them. Later today my friend will get them from the neighbor and put the stuff in my refrigerator. Most of my bills, which will be massive, will be covered by Medicare and my supplement but the antibiotics are under part D so I had to pay $650. Not a problem. I put it on my cc and I guess once they got paid they wanted to deliver the meds.

I don’t feel confident with this home healthcare agency. I’m going to call them today to be sure they’ll be at my house tomorrow.

Doctor came in and apologized for the problems but of course I’m the one left to deal with it.

I’m alive and feeling stronger so can’t complain.
yes check with them to see if they will be there. My sister has one and the first visit that they scheduled, they never showed up. I thought well maybe my sister got it wrong.

I was there waiting the next day and she did show up. I asked her about the previous day and she said the agency kept sending her to different places and they should have called my sister.

I don't know if you met with them yet - and if it will be the same process. The first visit - omg - 2 hours of getting info and medical history. I tell you that is why we need to be microchipped!!! Just scan us for that - :D
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:10 am Off to get coffee. Back soonest.
today is the 25th
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, everyone. June is just streaking past!

FloridaCat, it is a blessing that you have such good friends and neighbors. I hope things smooth out with the agency. (((HUGS)))

We had a lovely cooling rain yesterday evening. It's still so pleasant this morning. We needed a break from the heat. DH is out doing his Saturday errands. He may come back with a jumbo litter box as Dora the Explorer Cat managed to tip hers over yesterday. That was a mess to clean up. So he decided we need a jumbo one like Ollie has with high curved sides so that the shape and weight keep her from tipping it when she perches on it like a parrot.

I went to bed early and slept so well. Had the best of intentions of getting a lot of things done yesterday after work, but I did manage to make baked oatmeal, portion and freeze it, finish my laundry, and make the grocery list. Also trimmed my bangs.

After my coffee is gone, there will be kitchen cleaning and some dusting throughout the house. I want to get by Dollar Tree this weekend to see if there are sets of popsicle molds in stock. After paying $5.99 for a box of Popsicles the other weekend, I'd rather make my own.

Also need to bathe and groom the dogs on Sunday. Lily Dog has a check up with the veterinary allergist on Tuesday and I like for her to be looking her best. And not smelling like she dug up dead things, as dachshunds are wont to do. :-D

Hope you all have a day of peace.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Florida, good to see you in good spirits despite the minor setbacks expected. Once you're home you'll start picking up fast and will up and running before you realize it.

Today is a sunny day with temp going into the high 80s. I have my fans on to circulate the air in my apartment currently but that will probably turn to A/C a little bit later in the day.

Have done quite a number of things already and feel good about that. I've even managed to fit in a bit of coloring. The rest of the day I will probably spend reading and playing online games. I would also like to try working on my jigsaw puzzle a bit as well.

On tonight's menu is steak which I'll make with half of a potato and another vegetable.

For those of you in the "hot" zones, try to stay cool. Have a great day all.