Daily Check In June 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In June 25, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:50 am yes check with them to see if they will be there. My sister has one and the first visit that they scheduled, they never showed up. I thought well maybe my sister got it wrong.

I was there waiting the next day and she did show up. I asked her about the previous day and she said the agency kept sending her to different places and they should have called my sister.

I don't know if you met with them yet - and if it will be the same process. The first visit - omg - 2 hours of getting info and medical history. I tell you that is why we need to be microchipped!!! Just scan us for that - :D
I called them today but I still don’t feel totally confident. But if they don’t show up I’ll keep calling.

I’ll keep that in mind about a possible long first visit.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:31 pm Janet, it is so good to hear from you.
Thanks Florida Cat.

So sorry to hear you have been so ill. I do hope and pray you will be able to heal quickly.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:36 pm Janet. Thanks for posting this. It is so good to hear that there are still some reliable and hard working people out there. So good to hear from you!
Thanks Trees. I might not come as often because I have to conserve my energy. This time of year, my ALS gets worse, and things settle down more towards Fall. My ALS is an inherited gene, and it runs in cycles it is not like the sporadic ALS that people die from.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:29 pm Finally got to do my laundry.

I was almost out of underclothing - so I did order more just in case - :D

I could have washed yesterday, but they tell us not to use energy sapping appliances during the hottest part of the day and I waited too long. So today - did it before ten.

Watered what is left of my tomato plants. The big plants are all yellow and crispy. Very short season.

Planted late because we still kept having light freezes - very weird and now here we are in record breaking heat. I tell you the world is coming to an end! :shock:
Clem, we had the same thing here. Too cold and wet too long into Spring then it switched over to scorching heat and now we are needing rain.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:41 pm Today is my youngest granddaughter's 14th birthday! We had a crepe breakfast celebration at their house this morning. She had her pool party with friends last week.
This afternoon we are all off to a graduation party...all outdoors.
Really hot here.
Heading out...have a nice day!
Happy birthday to your DGD.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

chocolite wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:55 pm Janet, so good to see a post from you. And WOW, that crew and company sound amazing...especially in these times. I'm glad you had such a good experience with them and it was interesting to read about what all they did.
Thanks Patty.

It is especially nice since so many companies are having problems with getting enough staff and these men have all been amazing.
Janet Alliesmama