Daily Check In June 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In June 25, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee. Back soonest.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In June 25, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Still dark and overcast here and after a day of gloomy skies I could use some sunshine. Once again the forecast calls for off and on again rain in this corner of the province. Unsettled conditions they call it.

So today I have a few tasks, sweeping the floors, sending my scan in for points, making a packing list for our trip to the cabin for the family reunion, sewing the two ponchos together, and phoning my youngest brother (that is a task as it is getting harder and harder to have a conversation with him).

The rest of the day will be spent working on various projects and doing some decluttering/tidying in the sewing/craft room. In case you haven't noticed that seems to be an ongoing theme in my life right now. I am really beginning to realize that I may never get everything used up and perhaps it is time to try and either donate yarn or make a bit of cash back selling some on our garage sale sites. Something to definitely think about.

Frugally no money will be spent today, staying home or close to home and getting things completed. I am going to pull out some frozen pumpkin and hopefully be able to make some muffins. If I do that I may as well bring up some frozen raspberries and make a raspberry crisp/crumble. Really working hard on clearing out the freezer and not wasting anything.

Supper tonight is going to be pork chops (which I had hoped to get Hubby to BBQ), homemade fries, and some veggies and dip. While it is cool right now, I rather doubt it will stay that way for long and so the fries will be done in the air fryer, and if the chops are not BBQ'ed I will make them in the toaster oven.

Today I am grateful to be wrapped up in a shawl as it is a bit chilly in here with the windows open.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Jackie and all Frugal Friends. I have been up since 5-ish but taking it easy. Had coffee and a buttered bagel, breakfast in bed style. Of course a certain yellow lab that I know and love shared the bagel.

I plan to sit outside in the shade later and do some reading but first I'll be taking Hope on a nice long walk before it gets too hot.

I don't know what the rest of my meals for today will be. I have some shredded lettuce that I have to use today so will incorporate that into a salad or sandwich for lunch. Tomorrow I will cook the food for my lunches for the work week coming up.

Looking forward to what the day brings and hope you all enjoy your Saturday.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:25 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Still dark and overcast here and after a day of gloomy skies I could use some sunshine. Once again the forecast calls for off and on again rain in this corner of the province. Unsettled conditions they call it.

So today I have a few tasks, sweeping the floors, sending my scan in for points, making a packing list for our trip to the cabin for the family reunion, sewing the two ponchos together, and phoning my youngest brother (that is a task as it is getting harder and harder to have a conversation with him).

The rest of the day will be spent working on various projects and doing some decluttering/tidying in the sewing/craft room. In case you haven't noticed that seems to be an ongoing theme in my life right now. I am really beginning to realize that I may never get everything used up and perhaps it is time to try and either donate yarn or make a bit of cash back selling some on our garage sale sites. Something to definitely think about.

Frugally no money will be spent today, staying home or close to home and getting things completed. I am going to pull out some frozen pumpkin and hopefully be able to make some muffins. If I do that I may as well bring up some frozen raspberries and make a raspberry crisp/crumble. Really working hard on clearing out the freezer and not wasting anything.

Supper tonight is going to be pork chops (which I had hoped to get Hubby to BBQ), homemade fries, and some veggies and dip. While it is cool right now, I rather doubt it will stay that way for long and so the fries will be done in the air fryer, and if the chops are not BBQ'ed I will make them in the toaster oven.

Today I am grateful to be wrapped up in a shawl as it is a bit chilly in here with the windows open.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie, I think you have a good idea to donate/sell project supplies that you don’t really love. Might as well focus your crafting/knitting/sewing on the ones that really excite you.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I’ve already dealt with a post-hospital issue this morning. The home health agency will administer (at least in part) my antibiotics. But a separate special pharmacy is supplying the antibiotics themselves. They were supposed to deliver them tonight after I get home. But the guy called me around 8 am saying he was on his way. Of course no one is home. I called my neighbor at the end of the street and thankfully she was home and accepted them. Later today my friend will get them from the neighbor and put the stuff in my refrigerator. Most of my bills, which will be massive, will be covered by Medicare and my supplement but the antibiotics are under part D so I had to pay $650. Not a problem. I put it on my cc and I guess once they got paid they wanted to deliver the meds.

I don’t feel confident with this home healthcare agency. I’m going to call them today to be sure they’ll be at my house tomorrow.

Doctor came in and apologized for the problems but of course I’m the one left to deal with it.

I’m alive and feeling stronger so can’t complain.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:10 am Off to get coffee. Back soonest.
@Jackie, you are a day ahead of yourself.