Daily Check In June 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In June 25, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

chocolite wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:15 pm Good afternoon all. I've done my short story for the day, #25 out of 30. The end is in sight. I wasn't sure I could do this challenge, but it's been so good for me, disciplining me to write even when I didn't feel much like it. My writing coach always says, If you show up to the page, your story will meet you there, and I believe it.

I have organized my sewing kit. We always toss any little envelopes with buttons or extra thread in the sewing box, and there were scores of them. So I opened them all and put the buttons in the button box, organized my thread, got rid of all the excess snips and bits of thread, and now when I open the lid I can see everything we've got at a glance. Yay. I had to fix a sleeveless nightgown I got from Walmart -- the neckline was way too loose, so I just took it up at the shoulders - two snips and voila, it fits. :-) So I feel ridiculously accomplished for doing that. :-D

I was so sad to hear about the Supreme Court's latest decision. Women will die. Babies will be born into lives of neglect and misery. I'm so upset. I heard that Justice Thomas is saying they need to look at gay marriage next. I want to scream at him, while you're tearing people's lives apart, what about interracial marriage? But of course, that's okay with him. Ugh... I just don't have words.

Today will be a no spend day. We do have a couple of prescriptions ready at Walgreen's - one for Audrey - so if DH goes to get those, there will be a little out of pocket. But that should be it for the weekend.

I made a pot of spaghetti yesterday and green beans to go with. I think that will be supper tonight as well. I'll make a couple pieces of garlic toast for us too.

Have a great day, all.
Patty congrats on your writing accomplishments and your published story.

Sometimes the little things we do in life can bring a feeling of self-satisfaction. For some reason mending things makes me feel better.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Patty, that is great about your writing progress and your nightgown alteration. I no longer do any huge sewing projects, but I get such joy out of fixing things.

I went on an expedition seeking popsicle molds. None at Dollar Tree or Dollar General, and the Family Dollar store is shut down. Dollar General was in such a jumble that I doubt the employees could have found anything in the store. It's always like that at every one I go to. Never many customers either.

Also received the Gold Toe socks today I ordered from an eBay seller. They still had the tags on and were made in 2004 in the United States. I wonder if things like that come from estate sales because they were in perfect condition and not shop worn or faded by sunlight.

We have had the pet gate down all day so that Dora Kitty and the dogs can easily get together. Everything seems fine. Dora has loads of tortie attitude and likes to lie on the edge of our bed so she can swat doggie tails as they walk by. The dogs all have such thick, fluffy fur that they don't really care. It is pretty funny to watch.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Well the annual central air going out just happened this afternoon. Ugh.

I tell you this is going to be the last time. I told the COD since we can't live in Maine for the summer, we need backup. If I didn't have all these pups, my back up would be a hotel room.

I called my usual squad and they came over and had it fixed in under an hour. It wasn't anything major. Thing wasn't draining fast enough and when the second back up pan filled it - some switch turned off the compressor thing outside.

He cleared all that up and it started up. Thank the Lord and the AC guys!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:47 pm Patty, that is great about your writing progress and your nightgown alteration. I no longer do any huge sewing projects, but I get such joy out of fixing things.

I went on an expedition seeking popsicle molds. None at Dollar Tree or Dollar General, and the Family Dollar store is shut down. Dollar General was in such a jumble that I doubt the employees could have found anything in the store. It's always like that at every one I go to. Never many customers either.

Also received the Gold Toe socks today I ordered from an eBay seller. They still had the tags on and were made in 2004 in the United States. I wonder if things like that come from estate sales because they were in perfect condition and not shop worn or faded by sunlight.

We have had the pet gate down all day so that Dora Kitty and the dogs can easily get together. Everything seems fine. Dora has loads of tortie attitude and likes to lie on the edge of our bed so she can swat doggie tails as they walk by. The dogs all have such thick, fluffy fur that they don't really care. It is pretty funny to watch.
darn do you live in my town? Our Family Dollar is closed - it was going to be remodeled and then someone decided to drive into it - major remodel now.

And Dollar General is always just so messy.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Done all the household tasks, even got the raspberry crumble made. Not the pumpkin muffins however and I will more than likely make those tomorrow morning at some point. I will also get buns made as well.

It has been cold and dreary all day, which really makes me feel tired for some reason.

Worked on the knitting, got the old desktop taken down in the sewing/craft room. We did end up spending some cash on a new light fixture which we really needed. I was tired of eating in the dark and this new one should give much more light. We will try and sell the other on our garage sale sites and I will make up a box of items from the sewing/craft room as well. Not sure if I will list them together or do two separate listings.

Oldest DS is still waiting for the delivery of his comfy chair from The Pottery Barn. Keeping my fingers crossed that it gets there tonight or a whole new delivery date will need to be set up. Right now they are saying delivery could take place very late this evening. DS is not a happy camper as he cleared the day to wait for delivery.

Supper is cooking, no BBQ tonight as it is miserable out. Hopefully next week will be better.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

jackielou - send us some of your cold weather down here! lol :mrgreen: