Daily Check In June 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In June 26, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off I need more coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In June 26, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is shining a bit more this morning through the clouds, but it is only 9C or 49F which is very cold for this time of year. I am hoping things warm and clear up before we head to the cabin for the family reunion. I do not want to be stuck freezing my little (okay rather large) bottom off.

So yesterday I managed to get all completed except for the making of the pumpkin muffins and sewing the ponchos together. I really must get those started today. I also need to bring up the next weeks main courses, the meat or meatless portion of each, and anything I want to use up from the freezer in the way of fruit or veg. Slowly but surely the chest freezer is becoming ready to be cleaned and used for this years harvest.

Household tasks for today are not many. I will make the muffins, bring up those meats and fruits/veggies, make the to do lists for next week, make the menus up for next month, and finish the packing list for our 3 days away... Not a great deal at all. Oh and I need to empty the dishwasher.

Frugally speaking no money will be spent. I will head to the bank on Monday to pay bills, turn in the coin I have wrapped for paper money, get out our allowances, pay the taxes and the yearly plate fees on the vehicle. A bit of driving around and since I will be near one of the stores I get basic cleaning supplies and OTC items from I will visit that as well (close to the two week mark at any rate). Grocery shopping can wait until later in the week closer to our traveling date.

Also since no rain is falling and I need it badly I will be doing my usual distance for the morning constitutional. I have been doing shorter distances and really not getting my full stretch and I can tell. Spoke too soon, heard something, looked out the window and we were getting yet another shower.

Supper tonight is going to be roast pork loin (had planned on that awhile ago and it will give leftovers to use later), roasted potatoes, and roasted carrots.

Today I am grateful for always having something to keep my hands busy and mind occupied.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I made oatmeal blueberry muffins for breakfast. So very very good. A few months ago I saw a recipe for blueberry muffins that had vanilla in it so I added it. They now taste so much better.

The dishwasher is empty, I have almost emptied the dish drainer. I now need to load the dishwasher and wash the hand dish dishes. While I was doing that I made some mint tea for ice tea.

I got some fabric I had ordered from Amazon the same day they informed me there was a problem with the order.

So I will have a package coming on Monday and another on Tuesday.

After today we will have a cooldown. Rain is forecast, I hope it does rain as we have had rain forecast before and gotten nothing.

Penny
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

A sunny, warm day here today with temperature rising to almost 90. Tomorrow will be about 15 degrees cooler as rain is expected.

The only household tasks I have on the weekends is making my bed and my meal prep and clean up. I keep the weekends totally free for me. I've been through the normal Sunday morning routine including working a bit on my puzzle. Puzzles are not a strong point nor is my speed in working on it. I've played some online games also.

I have a Hallmark movie coming on at 2:00, Christmas at Holly Lodge, so I will definitely be watching that. The rest of the time I will do some reading.

Dinner tonight is simple, another breakfast for dinner, pancakes.

Well that's all for now. Have a great day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Another bright sunny warm day here in south Texas. Knock on wood that the AC is working better now.

I saw that Japan was having record heat. I always thought they were normally cool weather place.

And yes as Penney said - should be much cooler next week. I might even go outside - :mrgreen:

And speaking of pancakes - I have been having some almost daily. I buy the eggo frozen ones. The thought of turning on the stove - nope.

I slept okay last night and woke up about 6ish. Then my mind just won't stop. Tried to stay in bed - but no - was up by 7.

My niece is supposed to fly in today to stay with her mother - the ill sibling. Supposed to move to AL this week. We shall see how that goes.

Have a great day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Just want to let you know that I’m home and had a good night. Nurse was here for my antibiotic and showed me how to do it. I think I’ll be OK but my friend will come over tonight to be with me. Clem, you were right about lots of questions/ paperwork from the nurse.

Mom’s neighbor will come over this afternoon for a visit. I’ve had breakfast and part of lunch and I’m drinking lots of water.

I do not like to owe money. Paid my AMEX bill online this morning that is due 7/2. It had been on my mind.

May check in later. Thank you to you all for your love and support. ❤️