Daily Check In June 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In June 26, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

chocolite wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:13 pm Hello frugal friends and Happy Sunday. Florida, I'm so glad you're home and that the antibiotics arrived and you're able to administer them. Hope you can rest and recover.

We had a rumble of thunder about an hour ago, but I don't think even one raindrop fell here. Our yard could really use some rain; it would save on the water bill, as DH has been watering every morning. Me? I would just let it get brown, lol.

I just made a hotel reservation for September. DH's niece is getting married in Nashville. They got a special rate with a couple hotels not far from the wedding venue. Prices in Nashville are sky high and hotels stay full, but the negotiated rates are a little easier to swallow. Still quite expensive. I chose the less expensive hotel of the two. Plus, it's a Hilton property so we get points for it. We're going to stay two nights. I told DH that will be our vacation this year. Hopefully we can find something fun to do (besides the wedding) while we're there.

We're ordering in pizza and wings tonight. I had a 30% off coupon.
I’m so glad that you will have a getaway to Nashville! Earlier this year I was considering going to the US Figure Skating Championships in Nashville and was totally shocked by the hotel prices. I was looking at the Hilton adjacent to the Bridgestone Arena and it was over $500 a night. No way! It might have just been that time period but overall I thought that Nashville hotel prices were high.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

New light fixture is installed and now there is better lighting in the dining room. That makes me happy. Hopefully we can get a bit of something back on the older one.

We are going to go out for supper for the first time in a number of years. My sister asked if we would like to join them and as we haven't seen them in awhile will do so. Pork roast went back in the freezer and I will make it another time.

Got the plants watered, the knitting pinned and will be sewing them up next, working on next months menus. Must make enough food when eldest DS is home so things are going to be kind of different. He has a really good appetite.

Off to finish a few more things before I have some lunch.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:47 pm I’m so glad that you will have a getaway to Nashville! Earlier this year I was considering going to the US Figure Skating Championships in Nashville and was totally shocked by the hotel prices. I was looking at the Hilton adjacent to the Bridgestone Arena and it was over $500 a night. No way! It might have just been that time period but overall I thought that Nashville hotel prices were high.
Nashville prices are just unbelievable. Home prices are out of this world.
Patty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I keep losing the internet connection and losing my post. This is my third try.

FloridaCat, so glad you are home and I hope all goes without a hitch on the rest of your healing. (((Hugs)))

So far today I have bathed and groomed the dogs, followed by doing the same for myself, organized the chest freezer and the over fridge freezer, finished making my lunches for next week and have them in the freezer, and organized the small appliance shelves in the pantry so that the most frequently used ones are easier to reach.

Supper is going to be roasted chicken leg quarters, green peas, mac and cheese and applesauce. It sounds like cafeteria food, but my guys love it. If I don't run out of steam, some Jell-o instant pudding for dessert for them.

Hope you all have a peaceful afternoon.
Mackie
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:34 am Hello friends.

Just want to let you know that I’m home and had a good night. Nurse was here for my antibiotic and showed me how to do it. I think I’ll be OK but my friend will come over tonight to be with me. Clem, you were right about lots of questions/ paperwork from the nurse.

Mom’s neighbor will come over this afternoon for a visit. I’ve had breakfast and part of lunch and I’m drinking lots of water.

I do not like to owe money. Paid my AMEX bill online this morning that is due 7/2. It had been on my mind.

May check in later. Thank you to you all for your love and support. ❤️
Bet it's good to sleep in your own bed!
Here's to a quick recovery🌟👍
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:14 pm I keep losing the internet connection and losing my post. This is my third try.

FloridaCat, so glad you are home and I hope all goes without a hitch on the rest of your healing. (((Hugs)))

So far today I have bathed and groomed the dogs, followed by doing the same for myself, organized the chest freezer and the over fridge freezer, finished making my lunches for next week and have them in the freezer, and organized the small appliance shelves in the pantry so that the most frequently used ones are easier to reach.

Supper is going to be roasted chicken leg quarters, green peas, mac and cheese and applesauce. It sounds like cafeteria food, but my guys love it. If I don't run out of steam, some Jell-o instant pudding for dessert for them.

Hope you all have a peaceful afternoon.
I loved cafeteria food. But then that was back in the day when the ladies made everything from scratch - the rolls etc! Yummy!