Daily Check In June 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check In June 26, 2022

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

I had a very early wake up time! 3:30 am to be precise! Dd2 caught her flight for 5:10 am to Toronto. After some wait time, she’ll then depart for San Francisco ( direct flight) and meet up with Dd1 for a 7 day vacation, staying at an Airbnb near the Golden Gate Bridge, with 2 separate bedrooms and bathrooms! Hahaha - hopefully no sisterly fight s over anything. They have two structured outings - one to the Giants baseball game and one to a Harry Potter Play. The rest of the agenda is quite open. They both so much deserve some fun and relaxation!

So far today, I have washed and folded two loads of laundry, fertilized the flower pots and veggie garden, prepared rhubarb and made a large compote, and taken a walk to the University campus. I don’t think I will do much more beyond the essentials ( meals and clean up).

Jackie you are really cold there! It’s much warmer here, kind of no heat, no AC weather. We keep our AC at 25 or 26 C.

Floridacatlover I hope your discharge went smoothly and that you have been able to rest comfortably at home.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by floridacatlover » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:34 am

Hello friends.

Just want to let you know that I’m home and had a good night. Nurse was here for my antibiotic and showed me how to do it. I think I’ll be OK but my friend will come over tonight to be with me. Clem, you were right about lots of questions/ paperwork from the nurse.

Mom’s neighbor will come over this afternoon for a visit. I’ve had breakfast and part of lunch and I’m drinking lots of water.

I do not like to owe money. Paid my AMEX bill online this morning that is due 7/2. It had been on my mind.

May check in later. Thank you to you all for your love and support. ❤️
Glad that you are home. Lots of {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Penny
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello everyone,

Mostly a usual Sunday for today. Mass at 8:30, then instead of the Gourmet Grocery store, I went down the road to Sam's for Gas. I paid $4.69, most is 4.89 around here. Then I grabbed a bagel and coffee from Panera. I ate half for breakfast and half for lunch. I just got back form the grocery and will be heading out to DS1 and family for a visit. Then I am going to a 70th birthday party for a support group friend. I looked up the menu, it will not be cheap. So a bit of a spendy day.

Have a great day,
Maggie
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Hello frugal friends and Happy Sunday. Florida, I'm so glad you're home and that the antibiotics arrived and you're able to administer them. Hope you can rest and recover.

We had a rumble of thunder about an hour ago, but I don't think even one raindrop fell here. Our yard could really use some rain; it would save on the water bill, as DH has been watering every morning. Me? I would just let it get brown, lol.

I just made a hotel reservation for September. DH's niece is getting married in Nashville. They got a special rate with a couple hotels not far from the wedding venue. Prices in Nashville are sky high and hotels stay full, but the negotiated rates are a little easier to swallow. Still quite expensive. I chose the less expensive hotel of the two. Plus, it's a Hilton property so we get points for it. We're going to stay two nights. I told DH that will be our vacation this year. Hopefully we can find something fun to do (besides the wedding) while we're there.

We're ordering in pizza and wings tonight. I had a 30% off coupon.
Patty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:34 am Hello friends.

Just want to let you know that I’m home and had a good night. Nurse was here for my antibiotic and showed me how to do it. I think I’ll be OK but my friend will come over tonight to be with me. Clem, you were right about lots of questions/ paperwork from the nurse.

Mom’s neighbor will come over this afternoon for a visit. I’ve had breakfast and part of lunch and I’m drinking lots of water.

I do not like to owe money. Paid my AMEX bill online this morning that is due 7/2. It had been on my mind.

May check in later. Thank you to you all for your love and support. ❤️
Florida, so glad you are home and doing well. Take it easy!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Hello friends. I did not sleep well or long last night so have been snoozing a lot today, mixed in with a few chores. I am TIRED.

Managed to get a huge pasta salad made to have for lunches this week. That is all the cooking I intend to do today. I sat outside for a few minutes and drank a Gatorade, but even in the shade it is too hot to be out there.

I hate to give away a good day by sleeping it away but that will probably be what my afternoon looks like. Hope you all have a good Sunday.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz