Daily Check-in June 27, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in June 27, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

OMG- we finally had some rain. Did not last long - but it was there - maybe 15 minutes of a big downpour.

I went outside and just got soaked!!!
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Evening everyone,

Yesterday I ate a lot more than I should have. Bread and a piece of cake. I did not check my blood sugar. Then I fretted all night worried about heartburn that I did not sleep well at all. So I have had a slight headache all day.

Then to the Funeral home for the wake of my cousin's FIL. Met Mom and Dad and we went out to dinner. I got a nice steak salad at Longhorn. I have a big salad for lunch. So even though my food tracker says I exceeded my calorie goal, I feel good. But I did not go to my support group meeting. That is good, I can go to bed early.

Have a nice evening,
Maggie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Rain was very spotty in the city.

But we did have a nice cool down temperature wise.

Penny
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:41 pm MJ, I bought what the seller described as a cruise dress for $10 last year in a bundle from Poshmark. It's a long red and white striped rayon knit dress that is outrageously comfortable. I just wear it around the house on hot days because I am not a red dress kind of girl.

I bought the hemp/CBD oil for Rosie Dog on the way home from a shop closer to my house. Glad I did: the owner gave me a senior discount and the end cost was $20 less than ordering it from California. When I showed her the item I had been buying online, she said, "Good grief!"

Also ordered some protein shakes from Vitacost, which had a sale on. There was also a promo going for that brand. The promo discount was less than the sale discount, but kept the price just high enough to qualify for free shipping, so using the $5 promo code instead of the $11 sale one actually saved me $3 more on the final total. That is about the extent of my skills at higher math. :-D
Mackie,

I was thinking of you and Poshmark when I sent the link to Sherry about the dresses! She got them home and LOVES them. She put them through the wash and hung them out to dry. They are just gorgeous. I particularly like the ones with Batik floral hems!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.