Daily Check-in June 27, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in June 27, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, in the US if our money is damaged, as long as a certain percentage of the bill is still there, we can get it replaced. Is that true in Canada when your money melts?
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:45 am Jackie, in the US if our money is damaged, as long as a certain percentage of the bill is still there, we can get it replaced. Is that true in Canada when your money melts?
I know that used to be true with our paper money. I just might have to ask someone who has had their money melt if it is still true.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:26 am Yes it does last a long time. Unless of course you leave it in your car during the heat of summer or wash it in really hot water. It then has a tendency to melt. :lol:
LOL!!!!!!
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I disappeared for the weekend by being busier than I thought I would be, never dreamed I would be out for so long!

Saturday, I went to sit for a Polliator Week booth at the mall for two hours. Then, after that, I had to go meet up with Spring at her house as I am babysitting her two fur babies on Sunday and Monday. She had two cats so I am to go and feed them and make sure they have water and also empty the dehumidifier. Once she got all the instruction to me, she asked me out for supper, her treat. So, off we went to the Chinese buffet and had a great time laughing and talking for a little over 2 hours. Then we went off so Spring could run some errands, got a Seniors' coffee at McDonald's, yakked some more ant I got home 7 hours after I left the house!

Sunday, I did a bit of running around and got caught up on sleep. Then I went over to Sherry's to find out about how to run their A/C and where food and stuff is in their house so I will know what I can eat while I am babysitting Lily Gurl. That was 3 hours out of house as we had a pop and watched some crazy show on Netflix. Another late night out, well, for me!

Today, I tried to sleep in and then listen to my morning CBC radio shows. Nothing doing on either one. Couldn't stay asleep and the radio tower in our area was giving hassles with the CBC so we had no radio for a great deal of the morning. Phooey!

Today, I was scouting through FB Marketplace, a hobby of mine! and found some beautiful cruise dresses for $8.00/piece! They were perfect for Sherry and had batik flowers and embroidery embellisments. Very nice!! So I message the woman for sizing and they are good. Then I message Sherry and she was up for that as they are going on a driving vacation from Manitoba to Nova Scotia to see hubby's family. These dresses will be so comfy to wear in the car and easy to hand wash too. Or throw in the wash once they get there. So, the woman offered to sell her FOUR of these gorgeous summer dresses for $25!! How can ya go wrong with that?! She's picking them up around 5:30 today, when she gets off work.

Me? I've got to unload the dishwasher, AGAIN and little Opal has been busy remodelling her wee housie and gotten some of her bedding tossed outside of the cage so running the vacuum will be a thing.

Not much else going on around here. It is a nice sunny day, about 26C/77F. So just at the top range of temperatures as I like them!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ

Florida,

I am glad your infusions are going well. I hope you were able to get an appointment with your doctor. If you haven't watched this season of Grace and Frankie, I HIGHLY recommend it. I won't give out any spoilers!!
Hope has a good imagination.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Laundry is almost dry on the lines I give it 15 more minutes. I have been waiting until it cools off a bit to go out and pick rhubarb as well as do some weeding on the side of the house and in my pots and boxes. I will also do the watering at that time. While I haven't gotten everything accomplished yet, I really have made a dent in the list for today. Some items got moved to later in the week though, on days that I have less or at least smaller tasks to do.

Casserole is ready to go in the oven which will give me time to take the clothes off the line, set the table, and perhaps get the rhubarb picked. After supper weeding and watering will take place. Good thing it stays light for as long as it does.

Off to make a blog post, and then the casserole will go in the oven and I will head out to get the laundry in and the rhubarb picked.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

MJ, I bought what the seller described as a cruise dress for $10 last year in a bundle from Poshmark. It's a long red and white striped rayon knit dress that is outrageously comfortable. I just wear it around the house on hot days because I am not a red dress kind of girl.

I bought the hemp/CBD oil for Rosie Dog on the way home from a shop closer to my house. Glad I did: the owner gave me a senior discount and the end cost was $20 less than ordering it from California. When I showed her the item I had been buying online, she said, "Good grief!"

Also ordered some protein shakes from Vitacost, which had a sale on. There was also a promo going for that brand. The promo discount was less than the sale discount, but kept the price just high enough to qualify for free shipping, so using the $5 promo code instead of the $11 sale one actually saved me $3 more on the final total. That is about the extent of my skills at higher math. :-D
Mackie