Daily Check-in June 27, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in June 27, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

We're having one of those on and off rain days today with temperatures in the mid 70s. The humidity is high so the temperature indoors is a bit sticky. Have had to put the A/C on to help but turned it off for awhile.

Today I have my Vitality Group chat at 10:30. My afternoons are free again until after Labor Day.

Household chores and exercising are done so I've begun on my fun stuff.

Guess that's all for now.

Have a wonderful day.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check-in June 27, 2022

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning

We're getting a break from temps in the 90s, at least for a couple of days.

Moving a bit slowly today; stayed up to watch the Stanley Cup game. (Congrats to Colorado fans.) Seems odd not to be at work at this hour, but I think I'll get used to it, :lol: I do have to get over the idea that I have to catch up on Everything. At. Once.

My project over the weekend was to deal with mulberries. Our tree produced a lot this year ... so I made pie, and a batch of freezer jam. Tried some jam this morning, tastes a bit grainy, as if all the sugar didn't dissolve. But this was the bit from the bottom of the bowl, so it's possible the rest is just fine.

So today, have bills to pay and a couple loads of laundry to do before I go to my physical therapy session. Meals may be whatever — DH is in and out this week between work and baseball tournament stuff.

Florida, glad you're home!

So, on with the day ....
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I woke up in the middle of the night and started to toss and turn. After about an hour of that I got up and laid on the couch. Fell right back asleep. Managed to sleep in as well which is going to make me feel rushed for most of the day. Both Hubby and I have a long list each to get through.

I did get my washing started even before I settled down with coffee and my visit with you. Today I have 4 loads which happens every second week for some reason. Three of those loads will hopefully end up on the clothesline to dry. Finally getting a sunny, fairly warm day.

Since we managed to get back online for banking I can pay the bills easily early this morning (except for 2 that need paying in person) so my banking today will be depositing cheques, exchanging the coin for paper (rather our plastic money up here), and getting our allowances with a bit extra for our weekend.

I still plan on going to the store close to where I reinsure my vehicle (plates) and get the things I need there for the upcoming couple of weeks. I won't have to go to that side of town again when I get groceries.

I love our new light fixture, everything looks so much brighter now, and it will sure be nice to see the food on the table and the people around the table a bit clearer. Okay a great deal clearer. The fixture is a bit more modern than I wanted, but I think I can make it look "older" by buying some specialty light bulbs.... I will be putting the other fixture on the garage sale sites once we get back from the weekend. Hopefully I will have a box of decluttered craft things as well to list.

The usual frugal Monday happenings will be occurring and I will try and keep spending at a minimum. Our investments went up again by a bit, but still have not regained what was lost overall in the past year. I am hoping that they slowly rise a little each month. While that is happening I am sort of tightening the frugal belt a bit.

As we went out for supper last night with my sister and brother-in-law meals will once again be switched around this week. Nothing new will be added, but I think my pork roast will be served the day oldest comes home.

Sausage casserole for supper tonight. Veggies and meat in one dish.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine and slight breeze. Things should dry quickly on the lines.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LWolfT wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:27 am Good morning

We're getting a break from temps in the 90s, at least for a couple of days.

Moving a bit slowly today; stayed up to watch the Stanley Cup game. (Congrats to Colorado fans.) Seems odd not to be at work at this hour, but I think I'll get used to it, :lol: I do have to get over the idea that I have to catch up on Everything. At. Once.

My project over the weekend was to deal with mulberries. Our tree produced a lot this year ... so I made pie, and a batch of freezer jam. Tried some jam this morning, tastes a bit grainy, as if all the sugar didn't dissolve. But this was the bit from the bottom of the bowl, so it's possible the rest is just fine.

So today, have bills to pay and a couple loads of laundry to do before I go to my physical therapy session. Meals may be whatever — DH is in and out this week between work and baseball tournament stuff.

Florida, glad you're home!

So, on with the day ....
Hubby was quite happy that Colorado won.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Yes, this former Coloradan was VERY happy that the Avs won. First place in my heart is the Washington Capitals who kind of got thrashed somewhere around the first round, But I am thrilled and know my son and others are partying. Now to count the days down to football (regular season football, not preseason).

We are having a weather break here and I'm assuming/hoping that it's the same for Clem and Penny further south. It's seventy one and we will have a high of 88. Actually too cool for the pool in the early am today.

Yesterday after church my daughter and I did a craft fair during a pride event that had music and Karaoke and a drag contest and so on. WE did not sell hardly anything (because it was 103 and not alot of people came out in the heat), but we had a relaxing after noon. My daughter got some jewelry tips on making bracelets that are stretchy (she already makes earrings and so on) and some instruction on begging to learn crochet (apparantly she has been using small yarn and now knows to get big yarn-I only knit and so have not been involved there)

I learned that in the future anything I sew that is not art quilts or regular quilts or seasonal specific items will be things that are replacements for purchased/disposable products (un-paper towels, flannel makeup remover wipes, reusable sponges and so on) good to sell and for me as I am working on the no waste thing.

Today I need to spend some time working on the apartment a bit here and there and this afternoon I have my church crafting group. I have leftover burgers and leftober chicken pot pie casserole. One will be lunch and one will be dinner.

I would also like to get some earnings in and as always will walk ten minutes every hour or so to get the steps going.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

We actually have a cold front, well cooler front coming through late morning. This is predicted to bring some much needed rain. But as with most fronts I am hurting more than usual.

My package for today is out for delivery. This has the tool to fix my sewing machine.

The dishwasher is almost full so I will set it off as soon as I finish my ice coffee. I put some fabric in the washer on a quick wash with extra rinse. I then have a dress wash in which I have added several splints.

Penny