Daily Check In June 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In June 28, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off. Back after I grab a cup of coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In June 28, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Our water was turned off at around 10 last night and came on again at around 6 (just as I got up). Not too sure why it was off as I have not seen a watermain break on any of my forays around the city. Just dang thankful we have it on now and that I had gotten all water related tasks completed before it went off.

Shorter to do list today and really nothing on it that will take more then 15 mins a job to complete. I do have to go out and weed the center perennial bed and part of the back which will take a bit longer, but will try and do that early so I am out of the heat and sun.

Some of the herbs have really taken off so I think I may do a bit of harvesting of parsley, oregano, and basil on a couple of days this week. Sage, thyme and rosemary are not doing as well as the others, but have started to pick up a little over the last few days. I think that this could be the earliest I started harvesting these.

Tasks for today are wash and slice rhubarb that was picked last night, clean and tidy the bedroom/library downstairs that oldest DS uses, sweep floors, iron, mend, clean my desk, bring in the garbage bin, weeding, harvest herbs, make grocery list, and make errand list. After that I get to play. I think I should be able to finish the baby blanket by this evening and then tomorrow I can perhaps start something new. I think I may trace out the pattern on the tablecloth and get started on that.

Frugally speaking no money will be spent today and I am hopeful that my list for groceries/household items will not be overly long. I will be purchasing some items that I only get when we have company though so still hoping it won't be as costly that I go over my budget for the month.

I am also going to pick up some more spray type bottles in preparation for the making of some of my own cleaners. I am getting close to finishing the larger refill bottles and will be starting my experiment very soon on homemade cleaners.

Supper tonight is going to be a package of leftover ham from the fridge freezer. I think I will make some pasties from it and a package of pastry that has been residing in my freezer for awhile now.

Today I am grateful for the bit of rain we got very early this morning. Cooled things off a bit and keeps things growing nicely.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, Jackie and everyone. It's still much cooler here, but it's sunny so far this morning.

Dora Kitty, who I think is half flying squirrel, was bounding all over the house this morning. She kept trying to play with Ollie Cat's big fluffy tail and he looked vaguely offended. He's a good-natured fellow and did not hiss at her, though.

Yesterday afternoon I put gas in my car, which was not quite half a tank down. There was $13.74 left on the Walmart gift card I reload to use at their gas station. That whole amount did not quite fill the tank back up: the indicator needle is lying just a hair below full.

I changed the route for driving to and from work to one with fewer stoplights so that there's less time in stop and go traffic, and that's improved the city mpg for my car. The traffic on the new route becomes heavier when school is back in session, but for right now it's really easy.

I forget which homemade frozen lunch was grabbed out of the freezer this morning. Usually I eat the same thing all week, but right now there's a variety of three different ones in there. This happens occasionally if there's enough leftovers to make six lunch meals instead of five several weeks in a row. Right now in the freezer there's whole grain spaghetti with sausage and peppers, black bean chicken chili, and pulled pork with Rotel rice and veggies. It'll be a surprise! :-D

Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day. FloridaCat, I hope you are feeling stronger every day. JCKitty, you are always in our thoughts.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Jackie, I would like to try growing herbs. What do you do when you harvest them? Dry them? I know you have a machine that dries various food items, a dehydrator I think.

I feel pretty good this morning. I’m hoping for a quiet day. I got tired yesterday. The home health person should come this morning but if not I can do the antibiotic myself. I don’t feel I can count on them.

My checkbook is a mess of my own doing. I have always kept chunks of money for various things (household, travel, insurance etc.) at the top of the check register and not added into the main total. I always balance my bank statement to the penny. But this has become a burden and with bills paid online, my totals are a mess. I’ve added everything back in and subtracted my bills but if the total is off from the bank’s total I’ll use that and start fresh. I showed my check register to my friend (CPA) and she agreed there is no reason to keep track using my old method.

I plan to watch the 1/6 hearing today.

MJ, I’m way behind on Grace and Frankie but I’ve decided to keep Netflix.

I hope that I continue to feel good today.

Love to all.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:04 am Jackie, I would like to try growing herbs. What do you do when you harvest them? Dry them? I know you have a machine that dries various food items, a dehydrator I think.
Yes I have a dehydrator so I usually dry them in there. You can dry them in the oven as well, and there are many you can hang and dry.
Jackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I put out 2 large bags of trash. I also took a grater/orange juicer out to the give away table. I have 3 hangers to go today.

I have 2 packages coming today, I also want to clean and oil the sewing machine I fixed yesterday. I also want to finish 2 bibs I have had cut out for a long time.

I stuffed a Giraffe yesterday, I still need to sew closed the seam I used to stuff him/her.

I don’t have any laundry to do today.

Penny