Daily Check In June 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In June 28, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

We finally had some rain yesterday. We were so excited. It was a heavy downpour - didn't last but maybe 15 minutes, but better than nothing. And the temps went down also. Nice and cool.

Good thing too cuz the AC is out again. The power went out for a while and I think that might have affected something. It turns on, but no cold air. Will call ac people later today.

What was weird is that I slept all through the night. Didn't wake up at 3am etc. Windows were open, nice and cool in here. But I know that won't last long.

I've already showered and dressed. Will see what today holds. I tell the cod we should just switch to window units.

Have a great day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Got up later than I normally do, but am almost caught up with everything, including my exercising. I might save my dusting till tomorrow which only takes a few minutes. Also went to the grocery store as they had a fairly good sale on a number of stock up items. As I charge these items I won't be using until a month or two or three down the road I don't charge them to the current month grocery budget. I charge them to a grocery stock up account. Then at the beginning of the month I deduct the total to be transferred from the stock up account and reinstate it to my cash account and then subtract it again charging groceries.

It's beautiful outside right now so when I finish this post, I will go find a place to sit outside and read for awhile.

Well I guess that's it for now. Have a super day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Morning. Still a litter cooler today (a high of 90, lol), but we did not see rain that I can tell.

Was bad and had biscuits for breakfast. Very bad. I've done my morning thing including online earnings and a load of clothes is in the wash.

No plans to leave the house unless I go to a senior night at the pub thing this evening. The quilt guild meets tonight but I have just not been able to get into it since I moved although I make and donate to them. last year I joined this year I may not. Always evening meetings that involve sitting for a good two to tow and a half hours with a quick stand up stretch and that is not me although I love the "show and tell" sharing"

My small check (the pansion came and by the time I paid eighty percent of my rent and the electric and one bill, it's all gone!! I'm trying to adjust things so Im paying part of my rent from my other check a month ahead so I'm not late anymore with part of it AND, trying to deal with billers so all the pay dates can change to mid month, but it's a struggle and some don't want to move.

I am at that place where unlike Jackie I no longer have piles of fabric although I have some yarn (since i was going cross country and could not shop in stores during covid I deliberately used up and gave a way to avoid packing and did not add more). I have decided to challenge myself to only buy six collections of fabric between now and Christmas and get the rest from old clothes and thrift stores. This sounds like alot but I am committed to three large Christmas quilts, a halloween quilt and a Indianalpolix Colts quilt (long story) It'll work fine for art and abstract quilts but not sure about the others. I have no idea if this is a realistic goal or not because I have not actually been in thrift stores lately , just online like poshmark. We shall see.

Today projects: Walking off the biscuts, making Tuna Noddle Casserole (with ready pasta), bringing the sewing room back to zero after craft fairing, and making a three month budget realizing that prices are going nowhere but up. and researching bathing suits for midmonth, since if I'm swimming daily I probably need two. Or not.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

AC has been repaired. Looks like the power outage/surge we had last night fried the capacitor. Quick change out and I can feel cool air again.

Technician said the ones made in china do not last as long. Lets see how this one does.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I was up from about 3:30 am until about 8 am. I just couldn't sleep after some dreams. I got the dishwasher loaded up and ran it. There isn't much I want to do in the middle of the night but that worked out okay.

I watched the hearing today. Hearing that trump wanted his Secret Service detail to drive him to the Capitol on January 6th. They refused so trump tried to grab the steering wheel and when that didn't work? He tried to choke out the driver! Holy smoly! There was lots more but that one really struck me as extremely crazy!!

I got my check today. I paid off my Hydro bill, the WiFi/phone/cable bill and also paid off a small loan I had from a friend. I have to go to the bank and get a small amount of cash to have with me. I'm just getting my mojo for the day. I did go back to bed at 8 am but I still didn't get a restful sleep and woke-up with a headache. I am out of Tylenol so found some back relaxation stuff that had acetominophen in it and took that. It did the trick.

I'm not sure was supper tonight will be. It's Taco Tuesday and rather than buy the items to make them, which costs a lot, I might just stop in at Taco Time and get a couple. To be determined.

Because I didn't sleep well and was up half the night? That's about all I'll do. No big plans!

That's the skinny from here!!

MJ

Thinking of you Kitty. Take care of yourself at this difficult time.
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I didn't know that Trump could even drive. :mrgreen: