Daily Check In - June 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In - June 29, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Patty, your movie experience sounds like so much fun!

I have been thinking that I'd really like a burger, but it needs to be a small one. Yesterday the used copy of Dinner Illustrated that I bought for an Amazon credit and 90 something cents came in the mail. There are some really nice burger recipes in there for meats other than beef, like turkey, pork and salmon. Ground pork was on sale a while back and I have several packages in the freezer.

I got those messy rooms upstairs cleaned out. The trash weighed about 40 pounds. Most of it was trash, but there were some nice dishes that are now in the office dishwasher, and there's a brand new sink mat and bath mat that can go to Goodwill. A canister of Clorox wipes had the lid cracked, and I taped it back together. We can use that in the office.

There were also a lot of tiny motel-size bars of soap and a roll of paper towels. I put the soap and the towels in the office ladies' room because we've run out of both in there. And although the department can't seem to afford to buy soap and paper towels for us, they went out and bought more stupid team t-shirts for us to wear and for the fourth time in a row gave me the wrong size. This after I e-mailed last week and made a special effort to verify that they had the correct size. This one is so small I won't be able to get it past my neck. I think I should just wear it like that to make a point, with my regular blouse, of course! :-D
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Mackie, in my area at least, Target sells an eight pack of slider hamburgers (they also sell the buns). These are generally perfect for me and I freeze four and cook four rare and then reheat. I found this out by accident completely.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Mackie - small burger?

OMG - around here people just like to make everything so big. We have a local popular place that has TRIPLE meat burgers - huge.

I tried one of their "regular" burgers and it was still too big.

If I go there - I get the kids meal.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

My next to my age sibling is driving up tomorrow to see ill sibling.

This will include staying somewhere and visiting. We sort of talked about just getting a hotel room with a pool and just getting together and gab. Just let it all hang out.

The COD said to go and have fun.

I still worry about the pets.

Friday is supposed to be ill siblings moving day - we shall see.