Daily Check In June 30, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In June 30, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee, back soon I hope.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In June 30, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Did a major clean up on the laptop last night, even defraged it (something I have not done in a very long time) and right now it seems to be running so much faster and smoother. Guess I will have to keep up with the defrag and getting rid of old unused files.....

Got to get my butt in gear and get the final things completed before we leave and eldest arrives home tonight (or maybe home in the early afternoon). I will go for my walk this morning and then get started.

Today's tasks are listed as dry mint and thyme, weed more of the flower bed, sweep my floors, pack up some of the items into the vehicle, water plants after weeding, dust the room eldest uses when home, trace more of the pattern onto the tablecloth, pack my clothing, call youngest and make sure he is staying home this weekend (don't want to be gone and have him turn up at our home, forgetting about the reunion which he does not want to attend). Work on my knitting, do another bit of a tidy in the sewing/craft room (eldest has a project for me to do so I need some space). Must strip the bed, and put away the dishes in the dishwasher as well. Lots that I can do quickly, a few that are a bit longer but I hopefully can get all done before noon (tracing pattern can happen in the afternoon) so I can do the fun stuff.

As far as tidying the sewing/craft room goes, I am hopeful that since I removed a great many of the partial balls of yarn from various drawers and bins that I can get some of the yarn in bags put away, thus cleaning out more space on the floor of the sewing/craft room. I might even have some time to make a few more labels or at least I hope to.

Frugally all money that needed spending has been spent except for the purchase of beer for the reunion (we will be reimbursed a portion of this). The wine will be from what Hubby has made over the past year. There will be spending tomorrow as we will need to purchase a pass into the provincial park grounds to reach the cabin. Hopefully that has not increased too much in price.

Supper tonight is going to be some lettuce from the garden, some radish and onion from the garden made into a tossed salad (I think I have a handful of cherry tomatoes left as well), chicken strips and homemade fries (dang I probably should have bought more potatoes yesterday...).

Today I am grateful that it is sunny and all of you put up with my rambling on the mornings where I haven't had enough coffee to be coherent yet. Today probably being one of those days.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, I hope the reunion goes well. (((HUGS))) Usually DH's side of the family gets together for July 4th, but there's been no word from them so far. I suppose the expense of food and gasoline are a factor.

I am not feeling it today. Getting out of bed was hard. I'm sore all over from yesterday's "work stands in for the gym" tasks. The bad knee is still hollering today. Just have to get through today and then DH and I have four days off.

Dora Kitty was getting too much attention from the two younger dogs this morning and did not want to come out from behind the bedroom door or from under the dish cabinet in the kitchen until I put the pet gate back up. Then she was fine and came out for petting and back scritches.

Today's leftover lunch from the freezer is spaghetti with Italian sausage and sweet peppers in the sauce. It's a little heavy for this weather, but delicious.

Tea cup is empty, so it's back to work. Hope you all have a lovely day. FloridaCat, I hope all continues to go well with your antibiotics. JCKitty, we are all thinking of you.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Another warm sunny day here in south texas

I slept pretty good, but do not feel rested. Weird. Oh well. I've had one cup of coffee and getting ready to jump in the shower.

I'll be taking off this afternoon with older siblings. Not sure where we will be staying - she said we will play it by ear. Guess it is just good to get away - but I will worry about the pups.

So after I shower and get dressed, have to pack. Not much really.

Hope all have a great day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Hello. It's only 71 right now at eight am. I could probably go swimming at nine but will save it till tomorrow and walk today as I have things going on.

This morning I will try and get some of my walking in, my computer time, and work in the sewing room. Believe it or not I am going through my bin of fall fabrics to bag them into projects and see what I can make and then when I do my mid month shopping I'll add some fabrics and some oranges and yello
s and such to the mix. I keep filling up the shopping cart and then will pop that order on the 12th.

I also had some one on my by nothing group yell out a request this morning for unwanted fourth of july decor to use on their car for the parade this weekend. I told them I had some unmade stuff and lots of strips that could be cut into streamers. I'll look and see if I have enough to make them a quick garden or yard flag type thing to tie onto the car.

This afternoon is our monthly resident community social with snacks and drinks and conversation and after that I need to run to Kohls and to the UPS for Amazon and Kohl's returns. by then it will be 90.

I think dinner is swedish meatballs and I have some prepared deli mashed potatoes but I'll make a command decision soon.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Each day I feel a little stronger. Still sleeping on the sleep sofa, however.

At the end of today I will be halfway finished with the antibiotics. The home health nurse will come today but not until 1. I want her to check that everything is OK.

I had a really nice lunch/visit with Dutch friend yesterday but I did get tired. I asked her to start my car and it was fine.

Tomorrow morning is the visit with my primary care doctor. Christmas friend will give me a ride.

My feet finally feel better. I wore my shoes most of the day and have them on now.

Jackie, hope the reunion goes better than expected.

Mackie, you are certainly getting a lot (too much) of exercise.

Clem, enjoy you short getaway.

Take care all.